inclined to believe anything; easily imposed upon; naive; gullible; deceivable
meretricious
credulous
sleazy
amiable

College Planning Essay: People Who Influenced Me

Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year... | Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become...
College Planning Essay: People Who Influenced Me #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 30, 2009 18:52 pm   College Planning Essay: People Who Influenced Me

Hello everyone ^_^ I need some help with my essay. The topic is about people who influenced you in you life. This is the best I could do, but the teacher said, it needs a WOW intro. :(

So, please, help me.

People Who Influenced Me

As we grow older, we change; either for the better or, unfortunately, for the worse. In either ways, people around us play a huge factor in directing our character's changes. You might live a lifetime, influenced by the environment and all the people around you, and not even realize that they are the reason behind changes in your personality. It is simply amazing how everything around us shapes and carves us as characters. One person can make a huge difference in your life, whereas ten people all together might never change you.

The way I see it, my parents are the most responsible people for most of my good character, especially for me being a responsible, independent young woman. Being the eldest between my sisters and brother, I have always been the one who my parents would always depend on, and who they would trust to do whichever household tasks were necessary; making certain my sisters did their homework, sleeping on time, revising for exams, etc. As a young woman, it is very important to be responsible, because when being responsible people will trust and rely on you more often. For instance, when I was younger I have always wanted to go out with my friends alone without any chaperons. My mother used to refuse to let me out on my own. Lately, that she has allowed me to do that. The reason behind her acceptance was because I have proved to my parents many times that I could take care of myself and whomever is with me, especially my younger sisters.

In addition, my ambitious and optimistic nature is one of my most important characteristics. Thinking positively and never giving up on things and people no matter, is something I have tried to do in all situations. I honestly do not know the motive behind this. Maybe it is because my parents have always encouraged, told me to never give up, to always believe in myself and if I wanted and worked hard enough, I could accomplish anything.

There is something else I have and which I cannot take credit for since I acquired this specific quality from my dear cousins. Today I deeply believe in the necessity to maintain a good, healthy body and taking care of our beauty, but I have not always been like that. When I was young, I used to neglect everything that has to do with beauty or body care. I used to eat whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted and I have never cared how it will affect me. But fortunately for me and my body, my cousins used to notice. They spoke to me about how bad it is for a young girl such as myself not to take care of herself. Sometimes, I disliked them for their advices and thought that they were interfering with things that are not any of their business. However, if not for them, I would not be the young woman I am today. I might have disliked their comments at times, but now, I fully appreciate all what they did for me or at least tried to do.

Moreover, being influenced by others could happen in many ways and can happen subconsciously. Also, sometimes, even those who influence you might not realize it themselves. Overall, people around us affect us, and life shapes our characters and adds to them traits that we obtain when we face hard or difficult times in our lives.

Here you have it all :D

TOEFL listening lectures: Which characteristic of Ireland does the professor utilize in his lecture?
Sundos S.m.

College Planning Essay: People Who Influenced Me #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 19:53 pm   College Planning Essay: People Who Influenced Me

Sundos, I personally feel that your essay is absolutely excellent. Maybe your teacher is a
person who has never had parents such as yours.
Perhaps he feels that some other noted person should have been your role model, whatever his motive I think you would be hard-put to improve on what you have written.

You are a credit to your parents and I'm filled with joy that you chose to cite them as your mentors.
Good luck in your future ventures, but you don't really need it. :-))

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Thank you =_ #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2009 13:29 pm   Thank you =_

Kitos, I'm very glad you thought it was excellent. I definitely didn't expect anyone to think my essay is actually good.

"You are a credit to your parents and I'm filled with joy that you chose to cite them as your mentors.
Good luck in your future ventures, but you don't really need it. :-))"

That's extremely kind of you to say! ^_^ And thank you very much for your god wishes.

Sundos,
Sundos S.m.

Solitude, spending time alone is one of our best teachers.Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Parents are the best teachers.TOEFLŪ essay: A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory nearIt is more important to work at a job that you enjoy than it is to earn a lot ofDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only people who earn a lotTOEFLŪ essay: Some young adults want independence from their parentsThere are times when lying is acceptable.TOEFLŪ essay: You have enough money to purchase either a house or a businessTOEFLŪ essay: Is there more need for land to be left in its natural conditionReading and editing your essays.TOEFLŪ essay: Some students prefer to study alone.You are planning to study abroad. What do you think you will like and dislike aboTOEFLŪ essay: Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation