to destroy; to ruin; to tear down; to remove
gather
assess
demolish
fare

correct meaning of 'What are you up to?'

how do you say it in English? | Tory Westminster
correct meaning of 'What are you up to?' #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 30, 2009 21:56 pm   correct meaning of 'What are you up to?'

Hi again,

You may find easy to answer for my question, but It's not even clear for me what's the correct meaning of the following question below:

What are you up to?

Does it mean what are you doin' currently, What have you done recently?

in case If I add "today' to the end of the sentence:

What are you up today, does it mean, what are you planning or intend to do today? I'd really appreciate your help, guys. ;)
Take_It_Easy

correct meaning of 'What are you up to?' #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 30, 2009 22:51 pm   correct meaning of 'What are you up to?'

You answered your question.

What are you up today: what are you planning or intend to do today? .
Everafter

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
correct meaning of 'What are you up to?' #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 am   correct meaning of 'What are you up to?'

As Everafter says, "what are you up to?" means "what are you planning to do?"; it refers to the future, not the past or the present.
Cerberus™

Which is right - With Cash or In CashWhat does "will be used" mean?since/for ('Since how long you have been suffering in this disease' vs 'For how)the letter (g)where to place did?I can use present perfect on this but...Sentence: Considering that Parliaments of individual signatory countries will...complicated has/had questionNo body vs No oneHe is right toRetake an example... Is it used?Plan and Scheme, Six-pack, at long lastInversion in English