continuing a long time; habitual; lingering; constant; lasting
predatory
apathetic
chronic
epicurean

TOEFL® essay: Youth is wasted on the young

Please grade my essay | Effect on Fee
TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:53 am   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT. “Youth is wasted on the young” .Use specific details to explain your answer.

Wasting time does not depend on age, because age is no guarantee of wisdom. So I do not support this idea that ‘youth is wasted on the young”. As far as I am concerned, there are numberless assiduous young people trying to benefit society. Representing their country in foreign countries, doing charity, trying to find job opportunities are included to these actions.

First of all, representation of the country is the duty of today’s youth. There are some youth organizations which unite hundreds of young people. Most of these young members are the ones who are sent to overseas or adjacent countries to represent our government in conferences dedicated scientific or cultural fields. Moreover, in recent years we can see that countless winners of renowned contests are the young people. These activities are not a waste of time, in contrast it is a best way of spending adolescence.

Additionally, we can see so many charity communities that consist of the young. They collect money from volunteers or some other donors to lend a hand to handicapped, orphan or needy people. Further, they visit to orphanages to assist orphan children teaching them foreign languages, some instrumental tools or some kind of dances and so forth. These philanthropic actions are not a waste of time for youth. On the contrary, they acquire a merit in God’s sight.

Finally, finding a job is a very crucial requirement for guys in order to make a living nowadays. Actually, wandering is tiresome, so they want to be an employee or intern in any companies for experience. I am sure that working is not a wasting time. By doing so, they are able to subsidize their families and meet their own necessities. However everything has it its pros and cons. It is normal to see some guys wasting time, but most of them are uneducated. One way or another they are not a majority. That’s why it does not mean that youth is wasted on the young.

Consequently, we can say that, the young can play a main role in recognition of his county in abroad, can assist the destitute people and so on. I believe that with this way young people can benefit more to society.

please Kitos, check this one and evaluate it out of 5.THANKSSS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE. Your help is really indispensable for me.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?
Kleopatra

TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 07, 2009 20:07 pm   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

Wasting time does not depend on age, because age is no guarantee of wisdom. So I do not support this idea that ‘youth is wasted on the young”. As far as I am concerned, there are numberless assiduous young people trying to benefit society. Representing their country in foreign countries, doing charity WORK AND trying to find job opportunities are included IN these actions.

First of all, representation of YOUR country is the duty of today’s youth. There are some youth organizations THAT unite hundreds of young people. Most of these young members are the ones who are sent overseas or TO adjacent countries to represent our government in conferences dedicated TO scientific or cultural fields. Moreover, in recent years we can see that countless winners of renowned contests HAVE BEEN young people. These activities are not a waste of time. In contrast it is a beTTER way of spending adolescence.

Additionally, we can see so many charity communities that consist of MAINLY young PEOPLE. They collect money from volunteers or some other donors, to lend a hand to handicapped, orphanS or needy people. FurtherMORE, they visit orphanages to assist orphan children, teaching them foreign languages, some instrumental tools or some kind of dances and so forth. These philanthropic actions are not a waste of time for youth. On the contrary, they acquire a merit in God’s sight.

Finally, finding a job TODAY is a very crucial requirement for YOUNG MEN in order to make a living. Actually, wandering is tiresome, so they want to be an employee or intern in any companY TO GAIN experience. I am sure that working CANNOT BE REGARDED AS wasting time. By WORKING they are able to subsidize their families and meet their own necessities. However everything has it its pros and cons. It is normal to see some YOUNG MEN wasting time, but most of them are uneducated. One way or another they are not a majority. That’s why it does not mean that youth is wasted on the young.

Consequently, we can say that, the young can play a main role in recognition of his countRy WHEN abroad, AND HE can assist the destitute people and so on. I believe that IN this way young people can BE OF GREATER benefit to society.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are certainly improving your use of the vocabulary that you now have. 3.5/5.00

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 18:34 pm   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

thanks so much Kitos, Where were you :) every day i awaited,but did not hear from you, so now i am happy to hear from you anew :)
thanks for checking my essay. but what is my problem ,what exactly must i do to score high points,i mean 4-5, structures are not strong enough ?
what is else i must do? can u direct me plzzzzzzz , i appreciate your help. thanks so much in advance
Kleopatra

TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 19:06 pm   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

My dear friend, I criticise you for a reason. To make you think, and to make you strive for even greater perfection. You will never get a 5 from me, but you will get a 4.5, be assured.

Keep at it. You are good, but you can, and will be, better.

_________________

TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #5 (permalink) Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:39 am   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

wowww GREATTTT KITOSS...

I LISTENED your voice mesage :) GREAT THANKSSSS,, i WILL STRIVE TO REACH THE BEST :) plzz check my another essay that i sent yesterday :)

REGARDS
Kleopatra

TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 15, 2010 17:10 pm   TOEFL essay: Youth is wasted on the young

This is my essay about the same topic, can you check it for me? i know that my essay has a lot of mistake, I need your help to improve my writing! thanks

The youth is the most valuable period for each one. When we were young, it means that we have the best physical body and a sound mind. In general, the young generation is active and confident. However, many people believe that the young does not recognize the true value of the youth. In my opinion, I believe in opposite view that youth is not wasted on the youth because the young are spending their time on learning knowledge and they contribute in developing of society.
First of all, that is very obvious that young are very clever, so they realize the importance of knowledge, they are spending a lot of their time on studying. That is a clear evident for young are not wasted their time. Nowadays, there are many young people continue study after they graduate high school or university in order to improve their knowledge when they have free time and good condition for studying. Let's take me as an example, after I graduated university, I really want to get MBA degree in oversea, so now I continue study English in order to archive my goals .
In addition, youth is not wasted on the young because there are a lot of the young are contributing in developing of society. In university, the students not only focus on study, but they also spend their time to social action. For examples, in my university when we end the each term, the students created many groups volunteer student, the young volunteer go to remote area to support poor people. One other examples, there are many famous people, who were success when they were young such as Bill Gate, he became rich man when he was a fresh man, he and his friends, who also were young, make a great revolution in computer. More over, the young are main worker of many countries, they are employees or they have their own company and they made a lot of property for society and for themselves, so, I am sure that working is not waste time.
In conclusion, I want to emphasize that youth is not wasted on the young because young benefit society. The young are studying hard and contributing in society in order to create the future better. The youth is value time, so, the young should to use it effectively in order to make society is better.
Lamktqd

Please grade my essay | Effect on Fee
The Wolf-ManIt is better to marry someone who is similar to you, rather than someone who isDependent questiontask2-speaking. Working at home and in an officeWhat historical event in your country has had a major effect on your country?Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all...why movies are so popular?avoiding personal pronounsEvents of adult lifeWould you be so kind as to assess this essay?Write a composition to describe a famous personSaving or spending moneyMandatory or optional class attendance