division of a company; section; area
formal
breakdown
grasp
department

Why is banter not correct?

What does aid effort mean? | easygoing vs user-friendly
Why is banter not correct? #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 04, 2009 17:47 pm   Why is banter not correct?

ESL/EFL Test #710 "Friends", question 5

The military unit took part in a friendly ......... exercise yesterday. All of the weaponry they tested worked well.

(a) banter
(b) launch
(c) fire
(d) take

ESL/EFL Test #710 "Friends", answer 5

The military unit took part in a friendly fire exercise yesterday. All of the weaponry they tested worked well.

Correct answer: (c) fire

The military unit took part in a friendly banter exercise yesterday. All of the weaponry they tested worked well.
_________________________

Why is banter not correct?
Luby

Why is banter not correct? #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 am   Why is banter not correct?

There is no such thing as a 'banter exercise', and if there were, it would not include any weaponry other than sharp tongues.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?What does 'forty winks' mean?When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...?befriended vs betrayedWhat does locked in mean?'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?