Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to be adjacent to
challenge
discover
border
unveil
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

easygoing vs user-friendly

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why is banter not correct? | befriended vs betrayed
listening exercisestell a friend
easygoing vs user-friendly #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 04, 2009 17:49 pm   easygoing vs user-friendly

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #710 "Friends", question 6

That computer program is very .......... It's easy to use and I'm glad we bought it.

(a) user-friendly
(b) easygoing
(c) environmentally-friendly
(d) jovial

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #710 "Friends", answer 6

That computer program is very user-friendly. It's easy to use and I'm glad we bought it.

Correct answer: (a) user-friendly

My answer to this question wash easygoing,because I don't think that very user-friendly,I think it should be 'friendly-user' so I selected easygoing,which is incorrect?Why is this so?
Luby
I'm here quite often ;-)

easygoing vs user-friendly #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am   easygoing vs user-friendly

It is so because your understanding is incorrect. The adjective is indeed 'user-friendly', meaning 'easy to use'.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
easygoing vs user-friendly #3 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 am   easygoing vs user-friendly

I encountered "user-friendly" for topics on software and computers. It means "easy for the users"-- that's why it's friendly to users.

Easy going is a personality. These people are calm, without worry or concern. But this can be a negative attitude because they tend to be lax, careless, undisciplined.

Example from
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/easy-going
Grasi02
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why is banter not correct? | befriended vs betrayed
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
He saw the writing on the wall?She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?What does 'forty winks' mean?When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?What does aid effort mean?Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...?What does locked in mean?'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'