Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to echo
resonate
operate
acquire
cement
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...? | What does aid effort mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth" #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 04, 2009 22:34 pm   Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #699 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (2)", question 6

......... fail, Simon did it again. He always puts his foot in his mouth and today is no exception.

(a) With
(b) Within
(c) Without

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #699 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (2)", answer 6

Without fail, Simon did it again. He always puts his foot in his mouth and today is no exception.

Correct answer: (c) Without

Your answer was: correct

Hello,
Could you explain expression, put one's foot in one's mouth
Mephistopheles
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:12 am   Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

Make a socially awkward comment.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...? | What does aid effort mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendlyWhy is banter not correct?What does locked in mean?'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?Meaning of boorscowardice vs coward