to echo
resonate
operate
acquire
cement

Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...? | What does aid effort mean?
Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth" #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 04, 2009 22:34 pm   Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

ESL/EFL Test #699 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (2)", question 6

......... fail, Simon did it again. He always puts his foot in his mouth and today is no exception.

(a) With
(b) Within
(c) Without

ESL/EFL Test #699 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (2)", answer 6

Without fail, Simon did it again. He always puts his foot in his mouth and today is no exception.

Correct answer: (c) Without

_________________________

Could you explain expression, put one's foot in one's mouth
Mephistopheles

Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:12 am   Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"

Make a socially awkward comment.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendlyWhy is banter not correct?What does locked in mean?'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?Meaning of boorscowardice vs coward