one who serves tables at a restaurant or pub
outside
subsidy
circumstance
waiter

Meaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"

Idiom: At face value | Why used dressing up?
Meaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now" #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 pm   Meaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"

ESL/EFL Test #697 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (8)", question 4

Our neighbor is ......... large right now. The police are looking for him because he is a suspect in three murders.

(a) at
(b) for
(c) by
(d) to

ESL/EFL Test #697 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (8)", answer 4

Our neighbor is at large right now. The police are looking for him because he is a suspect in three murders.

Correct answer: (a) at

Our neighbor is for large right now. The police are looking for him because he is a suspect in three murders.
_________________________

Does the first sentence mean that the neighbor is on the run.
Mephistopheles

Meaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 05, 2009 14:47 pm   Meaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"

Yes.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why can't we say 'being vanished' in this sentence?needy vs. selflessWhat does 'in the buff' mean?He saw the writing on the wall?She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?What does 'forty winks' mean?When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?What does aid effort mean?Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendly