Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person of higher rank; older person; elder
floor
relationship
cognition
senior
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Meaning of "an easygoing person" | rights reserved, can I or I can, do you have got
listening exercisestell a friend
Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 07, 2009 22:29 pm   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

I am actually confused with these two! I know, first one is noun and the lattar is a verb, how can I find the difference in a sentence.

Do they have any difference in particular?
Gkukreti
You can meet me at english-test.net

Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 0:49 am   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

Edit: corrected my stupid, sloppy mistake.
Jason complains about his illness all the time. (verb)
If you have any complaints, please address them to the manager. (noun)
Cerberus™
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 am   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

I think Cereberus has misplaced the verb and noun found inside the brackets :-)
Bullet_Bang
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:00 am   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

Yes in the first sentence given by Cereberus 'complain' is a verb while in the 2nd it has been used as a noun.
Zakirjhelum

Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 18:25 pm   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

You are right, I made a stupid mistake; I have corrected my message. Incidentally, have you also noticed that the latest messages on the forum are gone? A few minutes ago the forum wasn't accessible at all (at least for me): I presume there has been some major failure at the forum server.
Cerberus™
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s. #6 (permalink) Tue Dec 08, 2009 21:18 pm   Difference between Complaint/s and Complain/s.

Got it, Thanks!
Gkukreti
You can meet me at english-test.net

Meaning of "an easygoing person" | rights reserved, can I or I can, do you have got
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
He doesn't have 'a' hair.Vocabulary: My fate was sealed....as it isParticular context: I think I want to call you. Tell me your number and I'll...I need help to understand this particular context guys... thanks.When to use "You know" in speaking?Phrase: Look what/how/who I do something.Usage of "Not only... but also..."To uproot a social system?Look at what you've turned him into.About conditionals (how I use those four conditionals)person vs. persons; individual vs. individualsis content a countable noun?