importance that is attached to something; accent or stress that is placed on a word or words
emphasis
logo
creativity
establishment

Where is the back of the hand?

meaning of "you are an asset to our team" | Does Morpheus has anything to do whit morphine - medical drug?
Where is the back of the hand? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm   Where is the back of the hand?

ESL/EFL Test #68 "Back Again", question 8

I've lived here all my life and know every single road and street like the back of my ..........

(a) finger
(b) palm
(c) thumb
(d) hand

ESL/EFL Test #68 "Back Again", answer 8

I've lived here all my life and know every single road and street like the back of my hand.

Correct answer: (d) hand

I've lived here all my life and know every single road and street like the back of my thumb.
_________________________

Where is the back of the hand.
Mephistopheles

Where is the back of the hand? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2009 14:28 pm   Where is the back of the hand?

It is the upper surface between the wrist and the knuckles; it is the surface opposite the palm, which is the lower surface of the hand.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Where is the back of the hand? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2009 17:30 pm   Where is the back of the hand?

Thank you very much :)
Mephistopheles

she missed vs. she had missedPhrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...What does "get in the game" mean?annual mammagrams vs annual mammogramsWhat does check in mean in this sentence?Why do we use "with an eye for"?turquoise?What does black tie affair mean?How do you call that word before verb in continuous tenses?needy vs. selflesswe can say no or else i don't?Use the word assignmentWhen to use who or whom?