person or company that produces and distributes printed material
dedication
publisher
newsletter
pipe

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

I used narration: He called me up few minutes back. | ovation vs applause
"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:54 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

I wanna ask :

Ques 1) Which one is right and Is there any difference between these 2 sentences:
John, I'm home.
John, I'm at home.

I know
Code:
I'm at home
is right (According to British English) but what about the first one, Is that also right ?

Please answer only If you're sure about it

Thanks for reading :)
MyEfforts

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

"I'm home is" is also right. And in my opinion, there are no difference in meaning between the 2 sentences.

As you can see, there are a song named Honey, I'm Home performed by Shania Twain and a British television sitcom named Heil Honey I'm Home! (1990).
Tortoise

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:13 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

'I'm home' suggests to me what someone says when they have reached/got home. 'I'm at home' suggests that I am there now and not, for example, at work.

_________________

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #4 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

''I'm at home' suggests that I am there now and not, for example, at work.

Alan Hearty Thanks,

Can you please explain a bit more the above sentence
MyEfforts

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #5 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

I can help.

''I'm at home' suggests that I am at home now and I am not, for example, at work.
Tortoise

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #6 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

If you are talking to someone on the phone and say 'I'm at home', this not only indicates your location but also that you are able to talk without interference from traffic for example or other people with whom you might be working - you can have a private conversation.

_________________

Which is Right - I'm Home OR I'm at Home #7 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 21:06 pm   Which is Right - I'm Home OR I'm at Home

If I may add a suggestion, I'd say "I am at home" is neutral, you simply tell someone where you are, but you would usually not say this to someone who is already there; you say "I am home" when you have just arrived, and you would usually say this to someone who was already there.
Cerberus™

"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home" #8 (permalink) Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:47 am   "I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

Really thanks to all of you :)
MyEfforts

What is "WORD"?Usage of boycuttMistakes in my diary: Last night, I was chatting with my good friend, Maria..."quite" vs "very"tail and shadowMy thank you post to the guys who helped me out.Ah you've got yellow fever!The year 2010using "imagine"usage of whether'you shake them with the hand' vs 'you shake them by the hand'"only" as the ending of a phrase, is it correct?"past simple" vs "past perfect"