Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to grow together; to merge; to unite
ostracize
accelerate
coalesce
allure
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
Some people want to attend a small college. Other people think that it is better | Parents are the best teacher.
listening exercisestell a friend
Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 19:34 pm   Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it

Please don't be mad at me kitosdad, I promise that I will write my essays every other day after this. Please rate it for me as an ETS examiner.

Thank you

Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people’s lives.
- Automobiles
- Bicycles
- Airplanes
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I think every transportation vehicle has played an important role in human’s history and their lives. So, choosing one as the most important invention for us is not wise. But if I have to choose one among these three options, I prefer to choose Automobiles as the major vehicles which changed people’s lives. My reasons for my opinion can be defined in these terms; generality in use, comfortably on trips and variety in kinds.

Nowadays with developing the big cities and establishing the huge cities, transportation has become the major problem of their residents. Except from those who choose the public transportation systems as their primary method of transportation, the other ones must choose a general vehicle of transportation which can be used in everywhere and every time. The only answer which contains these options is automobiles. No one can use an airplane as his transportation vehicle because they need airports for landing and are not able to land in the streets. Beside bicycles can’t be used every time of the year like in winters.

The second reason of my choice is comfortably in trips. Most of the peoples are afraid of air trips because of the air crashes and also nobody likes to have a trip to another country or a place with a bicycle. For example you can’t go to a party while you are wearing an expensive costume with a bicycle.

My last but not least reason is variety in kinds which the cars have while the other vehicles don’t have. There are lots of car companies around the world which produce the huge numbers of models in many different colors and styles everyday. While you may not be able to choose an airplane or a bicycle with the style which you like.
In short, as to my conclusion; I choose the automobiles as the most valuable vehicles which made lots of differences in human’s lives.

TOEFL listening discussions: Which best describes the student's current activity?

Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 20:03 pm   Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think

I think every MODE OF TRANSPORT has played an important role in THE history and LIVES OF HUMANS, so choosing ONLY one as the most important invention for us is not EASY.
If I have to choose one among these three options, I prefer to choose THE automobile, as the ONE vehicle THAT HAS changed people’s lives.
My reasons for my opinion can be defined in these terms; generality in use, comfort on trips and THE HUGE CHOICE OF MODELS AVAILABLE.

Nowadays with developMENT and establishing OF huge cities, transportation has become the major problem of ALL residents. Except from those who choose TO USE the public transportation systems as their primary method of transportation, the other ones must choose a general vehicle of transportation, which can be used everywhere AND AT ANYTIME .
The only VEHICLE which contains these VIRTUES is THE automobile.
No-one can use an airOplane as his transportation vehicle because they need airports for landing, and are not able to land in the streets.
Bicycles can’t be used every time of the year like in Winter.

The second reason of my choice is THE COMFORT AFFORDED ON trips.

Most people are afraid of air trips because of the air crashes, and also nobody likes to take a trip to another country ON a bicycle.

For example you can’t go to a party while you are wearing an expensive costume ON A bicycle.

My last but not least reason is THE variety OF MODELS AND SPECIFICATION which cars OFFER while the other vehicles don’t have SUCH CHOICES.
There are lots of car companies around the world THAT produce the huge numbers of models in many different colors and styles everyday, while you may not be able to choose an airOplane or a bicycle IN the style which you like.
In short, as to my conclusion; I choose the automobile as the most valuable vehicle which HAS made lots of difference in human’s lives.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A so-so essay Mix. You are racing against time to improve. It is a pointless race unless you improve along the way. Do as you have said, and rest a day between essays. Review your "mistakes," and read as much as possible
Read EACH SENTENCE as an individual exercise and learn from the writer. What he is saying, and more importantly, HOW he is saying it.

Kitos.
I can't rate your essay as you wished, but I would give you 6/10. You can do better!

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 20:16 pm   Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it

Thank you kitos, I will do a complete review tomorrow instead of writing essay.

Thanks and cheers - Merry christmas

Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 05, 2010 22:36 pm   Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

15 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello Mix
Why are not written essay today.
How are you practicing integrated type essay.
So far i didn't started. Any suggestion regarding that.
Radhichaitu
I'm here quite often ;-)

Some people want to attend a small college. Other people think that it is better | Parents are the best teacher.
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
How important is dance to a culture?Academic report: We use MANOVA technique to analyze the multivariate observationsToefl® Essay- Spend your leisure time indoor or outdoor?Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.The best teacher is one who is very knowledgeableParents are the best teacher.Some students in the United States work while they are earning their degrees...The post-war returnSchools should ask students to evaluate their teachers?Toefl® Essay: Teachers should encourage their students to question everythingSometimes international students choose American roommates. Others choose roommatThe saying "If at first you do not succeed, try, try again"Some students enjoy taking distance-learning courses on the computer or by televi