standard against which something is measured; factor; discipline
surface
applicant
gratuity
criterion

What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor?

Difference between apparently and surely | Is 'app' a proper word?
What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:03 pm   What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor?

What the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor?
There is a single word in Russian language, that one has meaning "advisor". But there are four similar words in English. What the difference between them?
Tanya_88

Location: Moscow Russia

What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 27, 2009 14:03 pm   What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor?

'Advisor'/'Adviser' are just alternate spellings. A 'counselor 'is an advisor, though it has other meanings. A 'councillor' is completely different; s/he is a member of a council.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor? #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 28, 2009 17:55 pm   What is the difference between advisor and counselor and adviser and councillor?

Thanks!!
Tanya_88

Location: Moscow Russia

Sentence: I'm sorry for stating it like this, i should have asked you before...Convict vs convictedCan language be fine, beautiful and exquisite?I want to learn how to rewite sentence.here comes the busare introverts before OR were introverts beforeFinancial: Interest accrues daily on accounts that are in credit and is...Spectators are reminded that it is ... to take photographs during the match."setback to" or "setback for"?Sentence: I neither could connect with IP nor with machine name.attached fileknows better than to tangle with someoneSell to interests