person sent on an errand or mission; envoy; representative; messenger; delegate
feint
dictum
emissary
impostor

Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.

Mobile phones | TOEFLŪ essay: Watching television is bad for children
Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live. #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 am   Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.

Topic:- Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live. And state which way will be useful for future generation.

The young generation learn from elder that means we learn from our parents. When parents get success in their business then the children of them get inspired.
They thinks that (in case of boy) i also want to be a successful businessmen like my father and (in case of girl) i also want to be a successful housewife
like my mother. From my point of view, the way of life that my parents live is more satisfying to future generations rather than the way of life I live.
There are several reasons for it.

First reason is, our parents have lots of responsibilities. So to complete it they have to be disciplined.This quality
of our parents can help the future generation that is us. If we get deciplined in our studies or in any other work then, it will be easier to score better
in the exams.

Secondly, because of the responsibilities, parents are doing focused work by giving preference to priorities. But some of us get distracted
from our priorities because of several reasons. Thirdly, our parents have big work load even though, they also tackle the home problems. In our case,
some of us with the little bit of tension of exams we get saturated. So from this we can learn how to manage things in a proper way?

So finally to top it all, now the world's future is in the hand of future generations. If they get ruled in to the disciplined life from now then
it will be helpful for them to create their own bright future. So i think that the way in which parents live their life is the more satisfying to future
generation.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?
Sm

Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live. #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:58 am   Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.

Sm, this essay should have been an open door for you to display your abilities. You failed to do so simply because you appeared to be in a hurry to do something else!

Tenses were wrong.
Question mark used for no apparent reason.
Words that had no connection to the text of your sentence.

If you really are intent on progressing, then for Heaven's sake concentrate on your composition.
My old English teacher would have made you correct this essay, and then, rewrite it several times.

I know that you are capable of doing excellent work. You have shown this in the past. If you wish to improve dramatically, concentrate on your work, not other things. This is YOUR FUTURE we are talking about,not mine.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live. #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am   Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.

You are really a nice person Bill, I am glad that this forum has such nice guys like you. Really appreciate what you are doing for us.

Mixmixi
_________________
Let's make a deal; I'll correct every single one of your grammatical mistakes AND YOU DO THE SAME FAVOUR FOR ME.
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live. #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 14:05 pm   Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.

Thank you Mix for such a nice comment.

You know, sometimes I feel as though I am chasing a shadow that I have no hope of catching, and then along comes someone who changes, almost overnight, and shows tremendous promise.

This learning is a hard task-master. You are all on a learning curve, which seems never to turn upward, but when it does, .....boy, .....you are in for a wonderful ride.

Everything will become crystal clear to you, and then you can wave good-bye to Kitos.
He will wish you a safe journey on your new course.

_________________

Do advertisements sell?to work for themselves or for an employerTOEFLŪ essay: Good qualities of a good childessay about things we don't enjoy doing, but duty is duty!TOEFLŪ essay on single-sex schools.What do you want most in a friend - someone who is intelligent...Good teachers set the challenging tasks for their students.How important is dance to a culture?Academic report: We use MANOVA technique to analyze the multivariate observationsToeflŪ Essay- Spend your leisure time indoor or outdoor?Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.The best teacher is one who is very knowledgeableParents are the best teacher.