to attract; to tempt; to charm
dissent
allure
cringe
abrogate

How important is dance to a culture?

In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. | Academic report: We use MANOVA technique to analyze the multivariate observations
How important is dance to a culture? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 20:27 pm   How important is dance to a culture?

Hello again,
can you please review this essay too?
Thanks!

How important is dance to a culture?

Dance, in my opinion, is one of the most significant parts of a culture, as it describes successfully enough the main characteristics of a nation, although it is unacceptable to put little signs on nations (like aggressive, friendly, etc.). Most of the traditional dances have been formed and developed through the centuries so that they actually reflect a nation's culture.

So every dance, we can say, is a short description of a tradition of a nation. For example, in Georgia there are many traditional dances that describe different things, like a war scene, a fight for a woman's heart or a wedding. Watching these dances we actually witness moments of regular people's everyday lives. The action that takes place and the story that narrates a dance is not the only source of information about the individual nation. The music that accompanies the dance, the traditional suits that the dance performers wear, the specific moves, the dancers' number (a group or a solo), even the expressions on the dancers' faces can clearly show the nation's cultural travel through the history.

Next, I will refer to another interaction of dance and the culture. Exactly like in the case of individual and society interaction -- the individuals form the society, the society forms the individual-- culture also can be affected by the dance. Living in the era of globalization, we can observe how a traditional dance like Salsa, or a new kind of dance like Free Style become popular in the whole world. Those dances, newly introduced in a country play a significant role in the lives of younger generations, thus become part of the county's culture.

To conclude, I strongly believe that dance exists and serves not only as a culture bearer, but also as a culture creator.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar's office?
Nikoulia

How important is dance to a culture? #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 20:39 pm   How important is dance to a culture?

Excellent 9/10

What more can I say, except don't lower your standards having completed the essay. That always niggles!

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
How important is dance to a culture? #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 22:35 pm   How important is dance to a culture?

Thanks a lot Kitos!
I'll try to do my best next time!
Nikoulia

TOEFLŪ essay: Good qualities of a good childessay about things we don't enjoy doing, but duty is duty!TOEFLŪ essay on single-sex schools.Good teachers set the challenging tasks for their students.Mobile phonesToeflŪ Essay- Spend your leisure time indoor or outdoor?Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.Compare and contrast the way of life that you and your parents live.The best teacher is one who is very knowledgeableParents are the best teacher.Parents are the best teacher.Some students in the United States work while they are earning their degrees...The post-war return