fiery; of or pertaining to fire
recalcitrant
distrait
infantile
igneous

GREŽ Barron's analogy question

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
GREŽ BB SC | GREŽ word list question
GRE Barron's analogy question #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 08, 2010 16:23 pm   GRE Barron's analogy question

Hi, my name is Cori and I'm planning to take the GRE in about four months, if I feel prepared.

I found this analogy at Barron's 18th Edition:

MUSTER : CREW
and the correct answer according to the book is: DOMINATE : OPPOSITION

For being honest I don't understand the link between those pairs of words. Probably it is obvious for many but not for me.. could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance
Cori2010

GRE Barron's analogy question #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 29, 2010 13:57 pm   GRE Barron's analogy question

I guess you would have figured out by now that you looked at the wrong answer in the answer key...it's not (C) the answer given is (A) :-)

The answer is (A) Convene:Committee. Which makes sense I think - Mustering would mean the gathering of members of a crew and so a convention is a gathering of the members of a committee.
Surekha_Bhushan

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
GREŽ BB SC | GREŽ word list question
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
GREŽ essay: Too much time, money, and energy are spent developing new and more...The only responsibility of corporate executives, provided they stay within the laWhat is new GREŽ?How to use this website's GREŽ tests?Could someone answer this question please.Practicing to Take the GREŽ General Test, 10th EditionNeed Academic+GREŽ Advice, UrgentGREŽ verbal doubtGREŽ argument taskNew iPhone App: This is GREŽ Exam!Study partner needed - GREŽ / NoidaStrategy to solve GREŽ anologies and sentance completionUniversity selection for GREŽ score 1100 for civil engineering