attempt to persuade someone to do something
entreat
allusion
craven
increment

Games are as important for adults as they are for children?

TOEFL® essay: You receive a land and use as you wish | Mine fields
Games are as important for adults as they are for children? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 09, 2010 17:29 pm   Games are as important for adults as they are for children?

Entertainment

Entertainment is a very important issue in every person’s life. Many games that are produced nowadays, are mainly for adults, this is because; producers and designers believes that games are more important for adults than they are for children. In my view, I believe that games are important for children more than they are for adults for the following reasons.

First children consider playing as one of the most significant things in their lives more than studying. This is because; their brain still didn’t develop enough and they didn’t mature both physically and mentally. As a result, they still don’t think of studying as their main aim in life, unlike adults that knows that studying and education is important to build a successful life. Second, if games for children are not always available and updated then a child will feel the emptiness in his life, as he will get bored of playing with same games again and again. Therefore, the child might get ruined by other things that will gain his interest, such as reading about using the Internet to search for things that are only appropriate for 18 years old and above. Last but not the least, when developers put more care on adult games compared to children games, children will not get motivated enough to buy the game. For instance, if the company always produces different types of bear toys then the child will not be convinced to buy this toy compared to a toy that have many advertisements and shows on the television, like a car that can change its shape to other shapes.

In conclusion, in order to give births for better generations, producers, developers, businesses owners etc... should put a lot of care on children toys and games to prevent any of the problems mentioned above. Therefore, the children games should be from the same standard of the adult games or better to motivate our children and to prevent us from loosing them.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the problem with the concept of brain lateralization?
Emilly

Games are as important for adults as they are for children? #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 pm   Games are as important for adults as they are for children?

ote="Emilly"]Entertainment

First, children consider playing as one of the most significant things in their lives, IN FACT, MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUDYING.
This is because; their brainS HAVE NOT developED enough, and they HAVE NOT matureD both physically and mentally YET.
As a result, they still don’t think of studying as their main aim in life, unlike adults WHO know that studying and education ARE important to build a successful life.

Second, if games for children are not always available and updated, then a child will feel emptiness in ITS life, as IT will BECOME bored of playing with THE same games again and again.
Therefore, the child might BECOME DISTRACTED by other things that will gain his interest, such as reading about using the Internet to search for things that are only appropriate for EIGHTEEN year oldS and above.

Last but not least, when developers put more care IN adult games compared to children'S games, children will not BE motivated enough to buy theIR gameS.
For instance, if the company always produces different types of bear toys, then the child will not be convinced to buy this PARTICULAR toy compared to a toy that HAS many advertisements and IS SEEN on the television, like a car that can change its shape to other shapes.

In conclusion, in order to give birth for better generations, producers, developers, businesses owners etc... should put a lot of care INTO THE MAKING OF children's toys and games to prevent any of the problems mentioned above.
Therefore, the children'S games should be MADE TO the same standard AS the adult games or better, IF THEY WISH to motivate our children and to AVOID losing THEIR CUSTOM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice essay Emilly. Well worth 7/10.

Pay attention not only to the added text, but also to commas, and the correction of mis-spelled words.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Games are as important for adults as they are for children? #3 (permalink) Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm   Games are as important for adults as they are for children?

hi kitosdad

could you please explain to me what do you mean by the "ITS" life
Emilly

Games are as important for adults as they are for children? #4 (permalink) Sun Jan 10, 2010 13:41 pm   Games are as important for adults as they are for children?

Dear, as you didn't state the specific sex of the child in your essay I chose to refer to the child as "it", ergo; "its life."
_________________

TOEFL® essay: People's life expectation is less than the past.The story "On the Klondike Trail" was written by Richard Emanuel...TOFL essay: Do people always want more than they have?Is it more important for a government to spend money on public transportation...There are two types of books fiction which includes novels and stories and...Would you rather be self-employed, work for somebody else, or own a business?IMPORTANT: Please all of the members of this section read this postStudents at a university often have a choice of places to live.TOEFL® essay: In general, people are living longer now.Do advertisements sell?to work for themselves or for an employerTOEFL® essay: Good qualities of a good childFace-to-face communication vs letters, e-mail, or telephone calls