scolding or ill-tempered woman
virago
inference
reprisal
whim

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

High schools should allow students to study the courses they want to study is... | Soon people who can't work with computers will be disadvantaged. agree or disagre
What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 15, 2010 19:52 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The important qualities of a good son or daughter are respect, obedience and care. These are the primary qualities that parents expected from their son or daughter. These qualities that would be remain for ever in all the cultures.

In my view, all the parents expect respect from their children'. If children respect their parents’ means they would be able to get respect from their children. From my point of view parents are gods and they introduced this beautiful world to us. So children should respect them, if you respect your parents means they are able to get the respect from remaining your family members and society.

Next, parents also expect obedience from their children. Obeying to the parent’s words would be the respecting to their age and experience. Some parents think that their children obey their words all the time and even after their marriage also. In this case good son or daughter handle the situation easily without hurting their parents and loved ones.

Finally, all the parents want a helping hand in their old age. Good son or daughter feels that would be their responsibility to caring the parents in their hard times. In an old age parents would desires love and affection from their children. As a good son or daughter we should full fill all their needs.

In summary, a good son or daughter possesses the qualities like respect, obedience and care. I would also expect same qualities when I would be the parent. These are the essential qualities of the good son or daughter.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on agriculture
Radhichaitu

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:09 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

I think you are improving Rad, let me tell you about something.
With out = has no meaning
Without = means 'with lack of something'

Good luck my friend
_________________
Let's make a deal; I'll correct every single one of your grammatical mistakes AND YOU DO THE SAME FAVOUR FOR ME.
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:29 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Thank you Mix
Same to you.
Radhichaitu

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualit #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:08 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualit

The important qualities of a good son or daughter are respect, obedience and care. These are the primary qualities that parents expected EXPECT from their son or daughter. These ARE THE qualities that SHOULD be remain (forever) in all the cultures.

In my view, all the parents expect respect from their children. If children respect their parents IT means they would be able to get respect from their children. From my point of view parents are gods and they introduced this beautiful world to us, so children should respect them. If you respect your parents IT means they are able to get the SAME respect from THE remaining members of your family and society.

Next, parents also expect obedience from their children. Obeying to the parent’s words would be the respecting to OF their age and experience. Some parents think that their children obey their words all OF the time and even after their marriage alsoTOO . In this case A good son or daughter CAN handle the situation easily without hurting their parents and loved ones.

Finally, all the parents want a helping hand in their old age. A good son or daughter feels that would be their responsibility to caring the CARE FOR THEIR parents in their hard times. In an old age parents would desire love and affection from their children. As a good son or daughter we should fulfill all their needs.

In summary, a good son or daughter possesses the qualities like respect, obedience and care. I would also expect THE same qualities when I would be the parent. These are the essential qualities of the A good son or daughter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a decent essay Rad. Perhaps you could have added a few alternate examples, however, it is good. 7.5/10

_________________

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:18 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

A really careful revise Kitos, thank you for the corrections. Appreciate that.

Mixmixi
_________________
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #6 (permalink) Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 am   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

i thing its common things in all cultures , in my piont of view they must respect their father and mother and obey thier quests and orders and thier demands , and the parents should do the same for them and treat them as friends they should listen to them carefuly and be close to them to protect them from anything bad.
Justmoha2005

Location: Jordan

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #7 (permalink) Sat Jan 16, 2010 18:47 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Justmoha2005 wrote:
I think it's a common thing in all cultures, in my piont of view, they must respect their father and mother and obey thier quests and orders and comply their demands, and the parents should do the same thing for them and treat them as friends, they should listen to them carefuly and try to be close to them to protect them from anything harmful.

I think you are right my friend, why don't you try to write an essay about the same subject?
_________________
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #8 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 15:45 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Hi Kitos
Thank you very much for correction.
Sorry for the late reply.
Radhichaitu

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #9 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 16:29 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Hi Rad. I hope you are well as I've not heard from you for a few days.

_________________

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #10 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 19:42 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Hi every one, this is my try.

I am always grateful for lessons my parents taught me when I was just a little child. In addition, I believe that what they taught are what they expected from me. In careful retrospect, those wishing things may be sympathizing other people, being willing to face obstacles and taking care of my younger brother.

To begin with, my parent always longs me for being sympathetic with other people. Trying to understand other difficulties and being tolerant to their mistakes are very significant if I want to succeed in the future either in conduct or occupation. They want me to understand simply that i must treat the other people exactly the way I want to be treated. Now I still have been following that principle and every thing seems going smoothly till then.

Besides, my parents surely hope me to endure pains or annoyances with calmness. May be when you are faced with problems that, at first, probably are unbearable and your internal power will vitally decide whether you can overcome them or not. Moreover, this needed lesson just can be in sort of experience. No one can show you scientifically what you should do in your circumstances. You must admit it, learn from it and overcome your problems.

Last but not least is I have responsibility to look after my younger brother. The economic condition of my family does not allow my parent to support all their children. Thus, my duty is trying to study hard and getting a job in order to barely support my younger brother study when he goes to university. I must be my younger brother’s role-model and guide him to be a good person as he grows.

To sum up, these adorable things are lessons I learnt from my parent. I promise myself being better day by day as I appreciate my parent’s sacrifice sincerely.
Bxnl

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities #11 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 18:25 pm   What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities

Every person born in this world has certain rights and few responsiblities. Throughout the life of a person his roles and duties change depending on the relations that he is in. For example, a person who is a son, can also become a father and later on grandfather. Similarly, the role played by a person becomes different. This is the beauty of the life. This essay will discuss some qualities that children should have and whether these qualities have changed or remined the same over the time.

Firstly, It depends on the circumstances in which the children are because they will behave according to the experiences they have faced in their lives. The qualities may be present to some extent in every son and daughter but some qualities are inherited from parents as well. The qualities that children should have are understanding, obedient, caring, reliable, honest, etc. The culture I come from gives a lot of respect to parents and hence it is essential for children to have this particular quality. In many countries and cultures when children become independent they start giving less respect to their parents and it is also common to see that they absolutely abandon them. They either leave their parents on their own or suggest to them to go and live in the asylum for old people.These are the qualities which children shouldn't have and under any circumstances shouldn't acquire.

Secondly, with the passage of time people are becoming more and more independent. For instance, there is a great amount of increase in nuclear families nowadays in comparison to the past. This advocates that people want to be self relient and donot want anyone to be relying on them. Further more, children and especially sons these days give much importance to their spouses than their parents. In result, the situation of separation between parents and children arises. However, if the son has qood qualities such as understanding and reliability, then his parents would not have to leave or separate from him.

Last but not the least, with the recent developments the life of many people has improved. On the contrary, the moral values of people have decreased significantly. This has contributed in less interest of children in their parents' life. Comparisingly, the quality of people was high and much greater in the past but now it has drastically descended by the bad influences surrounding our society in which we live.
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

The qualities that supervisor (Boss) should have.Essay: the responsibility of UniversityDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge...TOEFL® essay: Students, not teachers or administrators, should be in control of thQualities that children should have...Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible.Is it more important to study science than it is to study literature?Roommates in University/ schoolLeisure time. Is the good use of leisure time the key to man's future?TOEFL® essay: Teachers should encourage their students to question everything.TOEFL® essay: Why people was born?TOEFL® essay: Students can learn better by themselves or by teachers?When people succeed, it is because of hard work