taking the place of another; felt, received or done in place of another; indirect
flaccid
pertinacious
vicarious
callous

Pets should be treated like family members

Nowadays, many people from different cultures get married together. | Hi Torsten
Pets should be treated like family members #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:03 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Hello, Kitos. Well, I've tried to write one more. But I guess it will be not so great, it took 25 minutes (I need to control the time). Anyway I have tried=)
Waiting for your opinion and corrections.
Thank you

Some people believe that pets should be treated like members of their families. However, others think that we should not behave with them like with people, like with our children or just members of our families. To my way of thinking, both this opinions have their advantages and disadvantages. I am inclined to believe that pets should mean for us not just animals that live in our houses, they should mean for us more. Now I am going to explain why I think that.
First of all, if you decide to have a pet in your house you automatically will have a responsibility for it. They need to feel our warmth. We probably should care about them like about our own children. We become their “parents”, become people who can protect them and be with them during all their lives. If not we, who can care about them, feed them, clean and pay attention? They can rely only on us, on their owners.
Another reason is that pets not only take care from us, but also give us a lot of their love. For instance, lonely people always need their animals to be with them instead of people and relatives. They feel pets’ love and devotion. It makes people happy. In addition, when pets feel that we treat them like family members they will pay to us their attention. Everything is about mutual feelings.
So, for the above mentioned reasons, I would certainly say that pets should be treated like family members. I do believe that they are important to us and make our live more interesting and colorful, especially for people who have no relatives and real family around them.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?
Hard Worker

Pets should be treated like family members #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:49 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

It is often said that a dog is a man's best friend. The truth is that animals are living creatures and can feel every bit of the emotions that humans can. How the animals express their feelings is another topic. But since it is clear that they have feelings, it is important for people to respect them regarding their needs. It is also very common to see that people who are lonely or have a disability, often prefer to have a pet around them. For instance, a dog can be a great companion in means of guiding the way to its blind owner. Similarly, people should take care of their pet animals and treat them with affection and love.

Firstly, many researches have discovered that having a pet around is very helpful for people who have high blood pressure. Petting their dogs or cats relaxes their owner whereby decrease the level of blood pressure. Many people create a bond with animals just like they do with every other humanbeing. It is important to understand that having a pet is a lot of responsibility both time and money wise. Pets are wonderful to have as they bring loads of joy and unconditional love to the owner family.

Secondly, children are usually very intrested in animals and they love to play with them. Animals act as an energizer also which benefit the whole family in being fit and active, Because they are full of energy and zest. This is another reason why people should treat their pets equally to their family members. Doing this will create an air of love and compassion in the household.

Like humans, animals do have rights as well. Their right is to be cared for, to be responsible for and to be able to have a loving home. It is a society's duty to take care of its members whether they be humans or animals. It is the responsibility of a family to cater to the needs of the family members. And not in any way animals should be treated differently than humans, especially when people decide to become responsible for them.
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Pets should be treated like family members #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:01 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Thank you

Some people believe that pets should be treated like members of their families. However, others think that we should not behave with them like with people, our children, or members of our families.
To my way of thinking, both OF THESE opinions have their advantages and disadvantages. I am inclined to believe that pets should mean more TO us THAN just MERELY animals that HAPPEN TO live in our houses. Now I am going to explain why I think that.

First of all, if you decide to have a pet in your house you WILL automatically BE responsiblE for it. They need to feel our warmth. We probably should care about them like WE DO about our own children. We become their “parents”; people who can protect them and be with them during their WHOLE lives. If not we, THEN who WILL care about them, feed them, clean and pay attention TO THEM?
They can ONLY rely on us, their owners.

Another reason is that pets not only take care from us, but THEY also give us a lot of their love IN RETURN.
For instance, lonely people always need their animals to be with them, instead of people and relatives.
They feel THEIR pets’ love and devotion. It makes THEM happy.
In addition, when pets feel that we treat them like family members they will pay attention TO US . Everything is about mutual feelings.

So, for the above mentioned reasons, I would certainly say that pets should be TREAT like family members. I do believe that they are important to us, and make our liveS more interesting and colorful, especially for people who have no relatives OR real family around them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh dear, whatever happened to my wonder-girl? 7/10

_________________

Pets should be treated like family members #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:03 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Hey Chuneedah Gul, I found your essay much better than mine=)
To my shame, probably I should rewrite it)
Hard Worker

Pets should be treated like family members #5 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:03 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Thank you

They can ONLY rely on us, their owners.

_________________

Pets should be treated like family members #6 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:04 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

I thought this topic was different so i wrote my essay even though its not that good in my opinion... i didnt try hard in this one =(
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

Pets should be treated like family members #7 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:05 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

hey kitosdad ... :) h r u ? whts your opinion ?
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

Pets should be treated like family members #8 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:05 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Oh, dear Kitos) I don't know. Sorry, I will do it more careful next time=(
I've told you I am able to write a really bad essay=((
Hard Worker

Pets should be treated like family members #9 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:08 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

just correcting my mistake i think should have said i didnt try hard on this one .... if em right ? ... em a lil lost btw dont mind me.. my daughter kept me on my knees and feets today lol
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

Pets should be treated like family members #10 (permalink) Thu Jan 21, 2010 20:31 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

It is often said that a dog is a man's best friend. The truth is that animals are living creatures and can feel every bit of the SAME emotions that humans can.
How the animals express their feelings is another topic. But since it is clear that they DO have feelings, it is important for people to respect them regarding their needs.
It is also very common to see that people who are lonely or have a disability, often prefer to have a pet around them.
For instance, a dog can be a great companion in means of guiding the way to its blind owner. Similarly, people should take care of their pet animals and treat them with affection and love.

Firstly, many researcheRs have discovered that having a pet around is very helpful for people who have high blood pressure. Petting their dogs or cats relaxes their owner THEREBY decreasING the HIGH level of THEIR blood pressure.
Many people create a bond with animals just like they do with every other human beingS. It is important to understand that having a pet is a lot of responsibility both IN time and money-wise. Pets are wonderful to have as they bring loads of joy and unconditional love to the owner'S family.

Secondly, children are usually very intErested in animals, and they love to play with them. Animals act as an energizer also which benefitS the whole family in being fit and active, because they THEMSELVES are full of energy and zest.
This is another reason why people should treat their pets equally to their family members. Doing this will create an air of love and compassion in the household.

Like humans, animals do have rights. Their right is to be cared for, to HAVE responsibILTY TAKEN FOR THEIR WELFARE, and to be able to have a loving home. It is a society's duty to take care of its members whether they be humans or animals. It is the responsibility of a family to cater to the needs of the family members. And animals should NOT be treated differently than humans, especially when people decide to become responsible for them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Great essay CG. You do have a wonderful command of English, and a vocabulary which you should use to its fullest extent at all times. Only in doing so will you blossom into an English rose. 9/10.

_________________

Pets should be treated like family members #11 (permalink) Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:10 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Thank you so much... this 9 is a boost for me for tomorrow's test.. :)
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

Pets should be treated like family members #12 (permalink) Fri Jan 22, 2010 15:29 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

CG, I wish you every success tomorrow, both for you and your baby's futures.

May your God smile down on you.

_________________

Pets should be treated like family members #13 (permalink) Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am   Pets should be treated like family members

This is my first time writing an essay in English, so I was hoping for some feedback. Please be honest ;)
It`s the same subject, so it would be beneficial to hear some responses from people other than people I know.

Since ancient times pets always had a very significant role in lives of individuals. Nowadays this role has substantially increased and therefore pets are perceived differently and are treated more like family members. This statement I`m going to discuss further.
With the evolution of society, people have changed their point of view on pets. A pet is treated more like a family member and someone who they can take care of as oppose to someone who can take care of them, meaning an owner of the pet. It`s because people are living in modernized world and do not require to use a pet as a tool to help them in their daily lives and chores. To be more specific, pets role in providing for it`s owner has decreased immensely. For instance, a dog who used to assist the owner in catching fish and hunting is used less for such a purpose and it`s due to the evolution of society.
Also very important fact is that pets gained more rights and value as a live being which was influenced by implementation of different types of laws and regulations. Pets owners are legally responsible for them almost to the extent as they are responsible for members of their own family. Therefore pets are treated like family members even more so than hundreads of years ago. I think it`s wonderful and very thoughtful because pets are live beings and deserve to be treated well. So, yes, I do think that pets should be treated like family members.
In the conclusion I wanted to mention that I believe if we would do our part in treating every live being well, in this particular situation, a pet, then it would be very beneficial to society overall and it would serve as a great example for future generations.
Messenger

Pets should be treated like family members #14 (permalink) Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Hi Messenger,
Good job my friend, however, if I were you, I wouldn't use I wanted to mention (in the conclusion). But nice essay ;D
Jenny_15

Pets should be treated like family members #15 (permalink) Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 pm   Pets should be treated like family members

Hi Messenger,
Jenny_15

Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country; others have leaEssay independent question: Should you always tell the truth in a relationship?Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on...Do you agree or disgree with the statment? Parents are the best teachers.Toefl® essay - point deducation if exceed 225 words?How does advertising influence people's behavior?If you could go back to some time and place in the past...Please, I need helpRACISM.What is your approach to problem solving, and how does it work for you?PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE.Racial problems with digital items.My short essay for risk management class