free from local prejudices; worldly
cosmopolitan
captious
lavish
resilient

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher.

To finish a project completely then to another one or do two or several projects | TOEFLŪ Integrated Essay: Doctors - working in small or big cities?
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 16:36 pm   Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher.

I'd like to hear your advices about this essay and what do you think the score would be?

Subject:Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

WAYS OF LEARNING A SUBJECT

Some people think that they can learn subjects themselves easily. On the other hand some of them understand the subjects better with a teacher. In my opinion, both learning ways have some advantages and disadvantages. For me, it is hard to say that one of them is the best.

In my view, people who are self-confident and really smart can learn the lessons by studying themselves. There is no need to go to school for them. But people who are not very keen on working and not willing to study very much must be forced by a teacher. Unless a teacher helps them to understand the subjects, they cannot be successful at any lesson. Of course, If a person can understand everything easily on his/her own, he/she doesn’t need someone to teach him/her.

Moreover, each learning ways can be useful in different situations. As an example, there are some subjects which can be learned without going to school and which can not be. For me, history is a lesson which I can study at home. Because it needs only memorization. However it is difficult for me to understand maths with studying myself. Because I am not able to understand the logical explanations of some questions.

In conclusion, both benefits of learning themselves and with a teacher depend on the characteristics of people and properties of the lessons.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in social science class
Rainy_Days

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 17:43 pm   Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher.

your essay was pretty good but also short you should try to give more reasons like for example; a person when he studies at home he might not understand or miss out very important information that is not written in the worksheets or the books. You could also say that when students go to school they will have more fun than studying alone, as they could make new friendships and they will be convinced more to study due to the competition that will occur amongst them. According for your mark I don't know what to give you, as I am not that exprienced like Kitosdad and the others. wait till they have a look at your essay
Emilly

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
a long vacation or short vacationsAbout the length of the TOEFLŪ examTOEFLŪ ESSAY: Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you...a high payed unsecured job or a secured low payed jobIs the ability to read and write more important today than in the past?A person's childhood years are the most important years of a person's life...People attend college or university for many different reasons: new experiencesCheck for errors in a compositionWhat can be done to reduce pollution and alternative energy sources?To be like others in order to get success or to be different from others...Essay TOEFLŪ - People prefer to plan activities for their free time...difficulties gives valuable lessons in futureInvention: Technology nowadays, is very important in life, many company owners...