Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

unable to think in a clear and orderly manner; giddy or frivolous
several
prosaic
capital
scatterbrained
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

simple past followed by simple present

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? | About feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?
listening exercisestell a friend
simple past followed by simple present #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 18:02 pm   simple past followed by simple present

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #260 "Irregular Verbs Test (8)", question 10

My husband ......... the lawn today. I'm so happy, because it looks clean and manicured now.

(a) mow
(b) mowed
(c) mown

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #260 "Irregular Verbs Test (8)", answer 10

My husband mowed the lawn today. I'm so happy, because it looks clean and manicured now.

Correct answer: (b) mowed

yes but now is present and the sentence shoul be present 3 singular
Stupy

simple past followed by simple present #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 20:50 pm   simple past followed by simple present

The first sentence is stating something that happened in the past. The second, in the present, expresses feelings about what happened earlier in the day.
Brently
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? | About feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.On the horizon vs under the horizon.Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?sort into vs. fall intooverpass vs. intersectionExpression: Eat away onDifference between yet and already? Why is "yet" not appropriate here?Meaning of 'Blow up'