to avoid; to escape; to shrink
attend
emulate
enclose
elude

Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?

To be in the hen house | Keep up the good work!
Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"? #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 15, 2010 17:32 pm   Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?

He had been assigned to guard their best player, but despite coming on ......... the whole game, he had still been bested by the guy.

(a) quick
(b) tough
(c) hard
(d) blunt

He had been assigned to guard their best player, but despite coming on hard the whole game, he had still been bested by the guy.

Correct answer: (c) hard

He had been assigned to guard their best player, but despite coming on tough the whole game, he had still been bested by the guy.
_________________________

I could find coming on strong, but not coming on hard, do they have the same meaning (being aggresive)?
Baubau

Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 am   Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?

Yes.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"? #3 (permalink) Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 am   Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?

Thanks for your replies Mister Micawber.
Baubau

What is a toddler?I need some money!What does engage in horse play mean?"He must have got me to make five concessions""go play in traffic"I came ... with fever and i need to go to the hospital.Flock of birds?But to each to his own - I guess the second "to" is a typo."Coming to call"'Who' is a relative pronoun and is used to begin relative clauses...At the end of the day?What is a carry-on bag?Statutes enacted by cities are called?