to lie down; to recline; to move in a relaxed manner; to walk lazily
garner
unlock
lounge
promise

"He must have got me to make five concessions"

"go play in traffic" | What does engage in horse play mean?
"He must have got me to make five concessions" #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 pm   "He must have got me to make five concessions"

"I just had to do some horse ......... with Chris. He is selling his business and we had to agree on terms. He is a tough character. He must have got me to make five concessions that I was not planning on to make," Brendan told his assistant.

(a) riding
(b) whipping
(c) trading
(d) bargaining

"I just had to do some horse trading with Chris. He is selling his business and we had to agree on terms. He is a tough character. He must have got me to make five concessions that I was not planning on to make," Brendan told his assistant.

Correct answer: (c) trading

_________________________

"He must have got me to make five concessions" - can someone please explain the meaning of it?
Baubau

"He must have got me to make five concessions" #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 13:56 pm   "He must have got me to make five concessions"

I think he convinced me to give up my advantages 5 times.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"He must have got me to make five concessions" #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 16:16 pm   "He must have got me to make five concessions"

Many thanks Mister Micawber.
Baubau

withdrawal vs withrawalShe is really broke up about your cousin dyingCostume not cotumeWhat does 'get wired' mean?What is a toddler?I need some money!I came ... with fever and i need to go to the hospital.Flock of birds?Keep up the good work!But to each to his own - I guess the second "to" is a typo.To be in the hen house"Coming to call"Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?