percentage of profits earned by a salesperson
advice
chore
mission
commission

What does in one fell swoop mean?

Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidations | "his pride was getting the best of him"
What does in one fell swoop mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 am   What does in one fell swoop mean?

Tommy was pleased with the outcome of the chess game he had played with his next-door neighbor. He set a nice trap for his opponent and in one ......... swoop, he stole his opponent's queen, both rooks and a knight. After that, it did not take much time to end the game.

(a) grand
(b) fell
(c) large
(d) far-reaching

Tommy was pleased with the outcome of the chess game he had played with his next-door neighbor. He set a nice trap for his opponent and in one fell swoop, he stole his opponent's queen, both rooks and a knight. After that, it did not take much time to end the game.

Correct answer: (b) fell
_________________________

what is the answer
Stupy

What does in one fell swoop mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 am   What does in one fell swoop mean?

You are correct. The answer is (b) fell.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindI here vs. I hear"in good stead"What is the meaning of bear comparison?two times now?Difference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?Usage of "the letter box made up"Why do vampire bats like human blood?Usage of the word "thru""haul it off"