Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to warn; to notify of danger
caution
attribute
endure
commission
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the meaning of bear comparison?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words? | "in good stead"
listening exercisestell a friend
What is the meaning of bear comparison? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 am   What is the meaning of bear comparison?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #69 "Bearing Information", question 10

Quite honestly the two cases are so completely different that they really don't bear ..........

(a) confirmation
(b) contrast
(c) comprehension
(d) comparison

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #69 "Bearing Information", answer 10

Quite honestly the two cases are so completely different that they really don't bear comparison.

Correct answer: (d) comparison

What is the meaning of bear comparison? Please explain for me. Thanks

Lin29VN
Stupy

What is the meaning of bear comparison? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 am   What is the meaning of bear comparison?

bear = endure
'They don't bear comparison' means that a comparison between them would be useless or irrelevant or unproductive.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words? | "in good stead"
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What comes after single, double, triple?in 'behavior that can' that is redundantWhat does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindI here vs. I hearWhat does in one fell swoop mean?"his pride was getting the best of him"two times now?Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidationsDifference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?Usage of the word "thru""dry behind the ears"