to confirm; to license; to authorize
certificate
display
link
render

I here vs. I hear

"in good stead" | "dry behind the ears"
I here vs. I hear #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm   I here vs. I hear

"I hear that you are in the ......... for a new car. My friend has a Honda Accord that he is selling for really cheap, if you are interested. It works fine he is selling it because he is going to work overseas for a couple of years," Matt told Brendan.

(a) inquisition
(b) shopping
(c) research
(d) market

"I hear that you are in the market for a new car. My friend has a Honda Accord that he is selling for really cheap, if you are interested. It works fine he is selling it because he is going to work overseas for a couple of years," Matt told Brendan.

Correct answer: (d) market

"I hear that you are in the research for a new car. My friend has a Honda Accord that he is selling for really cheap, if you are interested. It works fine he is selling it because he is going to work overseas for a couple of years," Matt told Brendan.
_________________________

I here - probably a typo
Baubau

I here vs. I hear #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:27 pm   I here vs. I hear

Thanks for that.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
"in good stead" | "dry behind the ears"
What does breed mean?dominated vs. competedWhat comes after single, double, triple?in 'behavior that can' that is redundantWhat does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindWhat is the meaning of bear comparison?What does in one fell swoop mean?"his pride was getting the best of him"two times now?Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidationsDifference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?