to specialize in a certain field
major
perceive
command
interest

What does 'my heart sank' mean?

nevermind | in 'behavior that can' that is redundant
What does 'my heart sank' mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:37 am   What does 'my heart sank' mean?

"I went to the local thrift store today and fount an almost-new Tiffany lamp. The store obviously didn't know how much it was worth and only charged me $15 for it. What a ......... of luck!" Maxine told Suzanne.

(a) poke
(b) stroke
(c) branch
(d) dab

"I went to the local thrift store today and fount an almost-new Tiffany lamp. The store obviously didn't know how much it was worth and only charged me $15 for it. What a stroke of luck!" Maxine told Suzanne.

Correct answer: (b) stroke
_________________________

what is the meaning of "my heart sank"
Stupy

What does 'my heart sank' mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 am   What does 'my heart sank' mean?

"My heart sank" means to experience disappointment/discouragement.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
pull up stake vs. pull up stakesWhy is the elphant heavy?What does breed mean?dominated vs. competedWhat comes after single, double, triple?Meaning of "Striking distance"I here vs. I hear"in good stead"What is the meaning of bear comparison?What does in one fell swoop mean?"his pride was getting the best of him"two times now?Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?