rotating; one after the other; interchanging
cheap
alternate
overseas
liable

Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same?

Differences between because of, due to, owing to, thanks to. | confusing about cars
Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 07, 2010 15:34 pm   Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same?

Are connectors and conjunctions have the same meaning and function?

Aellynne

Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:31 am   Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same?

CONJUNCTION [countable] technical a word such as 'and', 'but', or 'because' which joins parts of a sentence.
I think connector is the same,but less technical.
Morteza
Morteza

Location: Iran

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 am   Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same?

how about the stamtement that says 'With coordinating conjunctions, use a comma unless both clauses are very short'
How about if I want to say ' My friend bought me some oranges, and some apples?' OR 'My friend bought me some oranges and some apples?'
Which is correct?

3. Using coordinating conjunctions
There are three things to remember when using coordinating conjunctions:

1.Coordinating conjunctions join independent clauses. Each clause must be a “complete thought” which could be a sentence on its own.
2.With coordinating conjunctions, put the conjunction in the middle. You may see some sentences starting with “but” or “and”, but this is usually wrong, so it's best to avoid it.
3.With coordinating conjunctions, use a comma unless both clauses are very short
Aellynne

Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 pm   Connectors and Conjunctions-Are they the same?

About connectors vs. conjunctions.
I believe it's an example of duplicate terminology. Different terms for one and the same notion. The older term is 'conjunction', 'connector' seems to have been introduced within the functional approach.
There may occur a problem of distinguishing between a conjunction and a preposition.

No one heard him but me. (but - preposition)
I tried to dial his number but the line was busy. (but - conjunction)
Pokemon

Why do we sometimes put 'the' in front of a place, but sometimes we don't?Is this Correct? Behind a tough and hard facade lies a fragile heart. Be carefulStaying woken to late hour in the night?Sentences: Do you intend to go out with us?To start to vs to start -ingCan't +have+ppI am yet to do smth.use of could and would in making sentenseQuestionReported speech"An hill"(over) WhelmInk-jet printers have an ink-jet head or ink-jet heads?