Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

list; evidence; best result ever attained; list of events or actions
record
disposition
industry
tenure
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Sentences with lift?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
He doesn't trust you | What does "there will be some kind of consideration" mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
Sentences with lift? #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 14:44 pm   Sentences with lift?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #600 "English Slang Idioms (342)", question 1

"I can't keep staying out late at night. I have been out late three times already this week and I am ......... to a frazzle," Janice said to Jasmine.

(a) raked
(b) roughed
(c) warn
(d) sanded

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #600 "English Slang Idioms (342)", answer 1

"I can't keep staying out late at night. I have been out late three times already this week and I am warn to a frazzle," Janice said to Jasmine.

Correct answer: (c) warn

give me a sentence using lift
Lifty

Sentences with lift? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:00 pm   Sentences with lift?

I lifted him.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Sentences with lift? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:20 pm   Sentences with lift?

Lifting off content from the Internet to put it on your own website is not a very clever approach.

TOEFL listening lectures: How did Queen Elizabeth acknowledge the English victory?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Sentences with lift? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 19:36 pm   Sentences with lift?

There is a mistake in the answer choices.

The correct answer should be wOrn, now wArn.
Acw
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Sentences with lift? #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 08, 2010 20:06 pm   Sentences with lift?

Thanks for pointing this out Acw, we'll change it asap.

TOEFL listening lectures: An organism that generates internal heat is called what?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

He doesn't trust you | What does "there will be some kind of consideration" mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of "That sounds great/good"What does hand in mean?What is an old windsock?Difference between since and farsterile vs fertile"he got out the paddle"None of the lights are OR none of the lights is?"he'll do right by her"Sentence: Being a mother of 3 and working full-time was too much.Does this sentence mean the job market is becoming better?This sentence means the resume needs to be revised, doesn't it?I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.What does hooked up mean?