clear; evident; simple; flat; smooth
striped
diverse
proof
plain

Difference between since and far

What does "there will be some kind of consideration" mean? | Difference between in short and briefly
Difference between since and far #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm   Difference between since and far

ESL/EFL Test #232 "Detecting Competition", question 1

Mark Hennricks in Entrepreneur magazine (December 1999) warns that you should not count on friendly competition; if you do, your rivals might just steal your customers from under your ..........

(a) feet
(b) files
(c) nose
(d) table

ESL/EFL Test #232 "Detecting Competition", answer 1

Mark Hennricks in Entrepreneur magazine (December 1999) warns that you should not count on friendly competition; if you do, your rivals might just steal your customers from under your nose.

Correct answer: (c) nose
_________________________

how can we use since and far
Stupy

Difference between since and far #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 09, 2010 13:54 pm   Difference between since and far

'Since' + date or other time point: I haven't smoked a cigarette since 1980.
'For' + length of time: I had been smoking for 20 years.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does read him like a book mean?Meaning of "That sounds great/good"What does hand in mean?What is an old windsock?sterile vs fertileSentences with lift?"he got out the paddle"None of the lights are OR none of the lights is?"he'll do right by her"Does this sentence mean the job market is becoming better?This sentence means the resume needs to be revised, doesn't it?What does hooked up mean?What does morals mean?