fragrant; sweet-smelling; having the odor of a particular thing; reminiscent of
corpulent
redolent
bellicose
feasible

Cow

Essay: Which would you buy Jwellery or tickets to concert? | People attend college or university for different reasons- please rate this essay
Cow #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:53 am   Cow

Dear Kito,

Could you edit this essay and rating it.

Parajuli

Every society has some specific and unique values and customs. Some of them are matched to others communities and some do not. The people belonging to that community respect that values and customs and they want to continue them forever. Moreover they have had also the proud to having them. While some one talking to me about it, definitely I would take the name of my domestic animal “cow”. Because,we have an emotional, a social and cultural and an economic association with this animal.
First in the emotional association, It is our national animal. We have a proud for this and we respect it as a symbol of nationality. It also reflects the symbol of freedom in our country. Because it has not any restriction to go and come in any area whatever it wants. For example, when one can go to Kathmandu and to other major cities in our countries, he can easily see the cows in public places eg road, street, grass land. Moreover he can see it in the entrance way the most of the temples too.
Secondly, we have a social and cultural relation to this animal. Because of Hinduism, we worship the cow and we never eat its meat. Not only that, we have a big festival called Tihar, there is a day called Laxmi Puja in this festival for worshipping these animals as a respect. Common belief that, when the cows are happy in our home, we earn the lot of money and we become a wealthy man.
But last not least, it is also associated with our economic factor. We know that it is source of milk. Some of the people in our community keep it in homes and get the milk. From which they get the money after sell. Even some of the people especially in the southern part of my country keep it in the farm like as a occupation. This is the basis of their life, all essential things in daily life are basically dependent on it.
In conclusion, cow is a domestic animal. Almost all of the people in the rural community keeps it in their home and respect this animal. Being the hindu, I have also proud to this animal, naturally this proud and these associations which I mention above will be continuous forever until my death.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in the Social Sciences Department
Parajuli

Cow #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 am   Cow

Every society has some specific and unique values and customs. Some of them are matched to other communities and some ARE not.
The people belonging to that community respect /that/THOSE/ values and customs and they want to continue them forever. Moreover they have had also the ARE proud to havE them. While (someone) talking to me about it, I would definitely take the name of my domestic animal “cow”, because we have an emotional, a social and cultural and an economic /association/CONNECTION/ with this animal.

First in REGARD TO the emotional /association/CONNECTION; It is our national animal, AND WE ARE PROUD OF this ANIMAL and we /respect/REGARD/ it as a symbol of OUR nation.
It also reflects the symbol of freedom in our country, because it has not any restriction to go and come in any area whERever it /wants/WISHES. For example, when one goES to Kathmandu OR to other major cities in our countrY, he can easily see the cows in public places, eg ON THE road, street, OR grass land. Moreover he can see it in the entrance way OF most of the temples too.

Secondly, we have a social and cultural /relation/CONNECTION/ to this animal. Because of Hinduism, we worship the cow and we never eat its meat. Not only that, we have a big festival called Tihar. There is a day called Laxmi Puja. In this festival WE worship these animals as a MARK OF OUR respect. A common belief IS that, when the cows are happy in our homeS, we WILL earn A lot of money and we become wealthy PEOPLE.

Last but not least, it is also associated with our /economic/ECONOMY/ factor. We know that it is A VALUED source of milk. Some of the people in our community keep THE COW in THEIR homes and get the milk from which they get money after selling it.
Some of the people, especially in the Southern part of my country, keep it in the farm like aN occupation. This is the basis of their LIVES. All essential things in daily life are basically dependent on it.

In conclusion, A cow is a domestic animal. Almost all of the people in the rural community keep it in their homeS and respect this animal. Being A Hindu, I AM also proud OF this animal. Naturally this PRIDE and these associations which I mention above will be continuous forever until my death.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A honest and heartfelt essay Parajuli. Well done.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
New topic: Boys and girls should be educated in separate classrooms using differeEssay: Which would you prefer- Study at home or traditional schools.TOEFL® ESSAY: EFFECTS OF THE FASHION TO YOUTH.TOEFL® essay - Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people...Has the ease of cooking improved life?Please rate my essay.The chart about sales and share prices for Coca-ColaWhat would you choose to represent your country?What are the possible effects on the individual and the society?Parents are the best teachersToeft essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: playing a gamTOEFL®-essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Childhood is.Please any feed back is appreciate for essay