severe; demanding; strict; binding; constraining
tenuous
lavish
supine
stringent

What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful?

Please check this essay for me :D | TOEFL® essay - Face-to-face communication is better than other types of...
What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am   What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful?

What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

---------------------------------------------------------

In order to be successful, a person needs to have an amalgam of number of skills. No matter what career you pursue, there is only one thing that will demarcate your success and thats the quality of perfection. A person should always learn to be perfect in his work.

Perfection showcases the degree of excellence of your work. It reflects how seriously you underatake your job. It also stands for the dedication and devotion you put into the work. People always achieve fame and success when they are perfect in their job.
Be it any stage-performer or financial advisor or an agricultarist. Perfection is always the key factor that determines their level of financial, personal and communal success.

Also I believe one should never be 'Jack of all trade and master in none' This kind of life can never be successful. It leads a person to unknown destinations and you end up doing non-resoureful things. Hence it is very important to choose a 'trade' that will suit you and try to excel in it. The path will surely end at the desired destination.

If one learns to be perfect other values will follow suit. Namely, sincerity, honesty, dedication, devotion, punctuality and regularity. So a person should always aim at doing his task in the best possible way he can. This can be illustrated,using a simple example of a school boy assigned certain task as home work. If he aims at completing it perfectly, he is obviously going to get good grades. His piece of work will be accurate, submitted on time, properly finished and ended up by getting accolades from the teacher.
For all the above reasons, I think perfection is the skill or quality one need to learn in today's world. It helps us to attain excellency and accuracy in our work which will culminate into a successful career.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please review and grade my essay

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention the weather at the beginning of his lecture?
Goodman

What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successfu #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 am   What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successfu

[quote="Goodman"]

In order to be successful, a person needs to have an amalgam of number of skills. No matter what career you pursue, there is only one thing that will demarcate your success and that IS the quality of perfection. A person should always /learn/STRIVE/ to be perfect in his work.

Perfection showcases the degree of excellence of your work. It reflects how seriously you undertake your job. It also stands for the dedication and devotion you put into the work. People always achieve fame and success when they are perfect in their jobS(,) be it any stage-performer or financial advisor or an agricultUrist.
Perfection is always the key factor that determines their level of financial, personal and communal success.

Also I believe one should never be A 'Jack of all tradeS and master in none'
This kind of life can never be successful. It leads a person to unknown destinations and you end up doing non-resourCeful things. Hence it is very important to choose a 'trade' that will suit you and try to excel in it. The path will surely end at the desired destination.

If one learns to be perfect(,) other values will follow suit. Namely; sincerity, honesty, dedication, devotion, punctuality and regularity. So a person should always aim at doing his task in the best possible way he can. This can be illustrated BY using a simple example of a school-boy assigned A certain task as home work.
If he aims at completing it perfectly, he is obviously going to get good grades. His piece of work will be accurate, submitted on time, properly finished and WILL end up WITH HIS getting accolades from the teacher.
For all OF the above reasons, I think perfection is the skill or quality one needS to learn in today's world.
It helps us to attain excellencE and accuracy in our work which will culminate into a successful career.

Thanks for leaving me something to correct! :-))

Kitos. 9.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 18, 2010 16:20 pm   What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful?

Really nice essay!! and a very good point indeed..
_________________
No pain No gain !
Anabiya

Location: Melbourne

Essay - independent task (to make an important decision alone)“Eco Friendly India”. would you please check it out?Face to face communication is better than other types of communicationPlaying games teach us a lot about lifeCompare / Contrast: advantages of having a car in a large cityYou’re planning to study abroad.New topic: If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hireBusinesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do u agree or disagree?New topic: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with aTOEFL® essay - Is the ability to read and write more important today than in thePlease anyfeedback is appriciate.toefl® essay:It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in booChildren should begin their formal education at a very early age or not