may be settled
payable
prime
reticent
attentive

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

meaning of "export" | is there someone out there could help me?
Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 14:25 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Can someone clarify the difference between present perfect and Simple past tense.I am confused in the usage of these.

Sarfraj
Sarfraj1984

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 14:31 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Let me give you two examples that may help:

Present Perfect -I have visited the country many times. (The action is indefinite as you don't know exactly the time of the visits)

Past Simple - I visited the country last year in 2009 (The action is definite as you know the time of the visit).

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 15:38 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Yes guy, what Mr. Alan has given you is the most understandable usages of the two tenses. And they're also the simplest differences between them. In fact, I mean in conversation, we use them confusingly as we usually don't mention the time point in both tenses.
_________________
Nothing's impossible! Never say never! They're what I've been following. Hope you to follow them too!
Vietanhpham_Winter

Location: No.Unknown Molao Residential area, Hadong District, Hanoi City, Vietnam

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #4 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 17:43 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Hi VW,

This sort of comment:
we use them confusingly as we usually don't mention the time point in both tenses.

doesn't really make sense and simply causes confusion. Please try to make comments that make sense!

_________________
_________________

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #5 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:03 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

I meant in conversation we usually don't mention the time point such as yesterday, in 2005....so it's very confusing. You've replied me. Maybe the time point here is hidden but everyone knows that there was a time you was tying it and then sent me. In spite of it, people can still say that there's no time point provided and that they can still use present perfect. And also, present simple, intention future and future simple are confusing because of their future meanings.
_________________
Vietanhpham_Winter

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #6 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:18 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Please try to make comments that make sense!
_________________
You can read my ESL story Passive Voice

Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense? #7 (permalink) Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:35 pm   Difference between Present perfect and Simple past tense?

Omg. For example, what I've said isn't understandable or what I said wasn't understandable. What is the correct sentence? Attention: I didn't use any point of time here but I meant I wouldn't make any confusion again.
_________________
Vietanhpham_Winter

Prepositions in phrases containing "age"I was wondering...A whoCV in EnglishThe day vs. dayWho did use to play with youwant sb to do sth"Talk to" in the sense "talk about"are vs. will bewhat does 'Woodside Bay' and 'sprawling' mean?I am not sure below sentence is correct or not, can you tell me?"The military point of view"pluses and minuses?