glaringly wrong; shameless; notorious; offensive
murky
perverse
diffident
flagrant

teenagers have jobs while they are still students

some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerous activities | The most effective way for the government to conserve energy is to increase the p
teenagers have jobs while they are still students #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 21:41 pm   teenagers have jobs while they are still students

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

In my country, it is very common that adolescents get a paid job while they are attending school. As far as I am concerned, this is an experience that will be very benefitial for them. I will give specific reasons to support my answer as follows.

In spite of the belief that teenagers should only concentrate on their studies and accomplish better grades at school, the thuth is they need to have at least a part-time job to afford their school expenses, such as acquiring a computer, buying books and photocopies, paying a registration fee and monthly fees, etc.

What is more, the teens learn at first hand how difficult is to earn money. Consequently, they become wiser by saving it and administrating their own financial budget. This leads them to be more independent and aware that money does not fall down from trees.

Moreover, although the youngsters should know what career they want to follow, the reality is that most of the youth of these days are not sure about what they fancy to study at college or university. Hence, working in different areas will give them some insight of what they would like to achieve in their lives.

As well, because they grasp practical knowledge at work, they can compare it with the theory learnt at school. In most cases, real situations can show invaluable understanding that cannot be found in the formal education.

Furthermore, the young students who have a job are supposed to be more mature, since they become more responsible and disciplined by facing real problems at work. Besides, working strengthens their abilities, such as social skills, resource management competences, complex solving problems abilities, and the like.

To sum up, I totally agree with teenagers who want to gain work experience while they are still students, since in most cases they have to pay for their studies by themselves and they get a lot of know-how and they develop their skills.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class
Milily

teenagers have jobs while they are still students #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 am   teenagers have jobs while they are still students

In my country, it is very common that adolescents get a paid job while they are attending school. As far as I am concerned, this is an experience that will be very benefiCial for them. I will give specific reasons to support my OPINION as follows.

In spite of the belief that teenagers should only concentrate on their studies and accomplish better grades at school, the /tRuth/REALITY/ is they need to have at least a part-time job to afford their school expenses, such as acquiring a computer, buying books and photocopies, paying a registration fee and monthly fees, etc.

What is more, the teens learn at first hand how difficult IT is to earn money. Consequently, they become wiser by saving it and administrating their own financial budget. This leads them to be more independent and aware that money does no /fall down from/GROW ON/ trees.

As well, Because they grasp practical knowledge at work, they can compare it with the theory learnt at school. In most cases, real situations can show invaluable understanding that cannot be found in the formal education.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A well reasoned essay Mil. 9/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
teenagers have jobs while they are still students #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 13:02 pm   teenagers have jobs while they are still students

Thanks a lot, Kitos.
Milily

people should read only those books that are about real events, real people...A GOOD LEADERplease can you assess my IELTS essay in the range from (1 to 9)Serious teachers are more effective than teachers who have the sense of humorTOEFLŪ exam takers.A new movie theatre may be built in my neighborhood.Essay: Independence?travel with a companion or aloneQuality of good supervisor.Has technology made the world better place to live?In this technological age, just what effect has the Internet had on youger.Businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree13. eat at food stands or restaurant or eating at home