impossible to see; imperceptible; hidden; concealed
select
minute
fleet
invisible

Negotiation situations

what is the phrasal verb for knife? | I'd like to get conversations in English that I can hear it in my mobile...
Negotiation situations #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:59 pm   Negotiation situations

1) The management of a company wants to change the corporate colours, some members of the marketing team are of a different opinion.

2) The IT department wants to implement a new CMS (Content Management System) while the billing department wants to keep the existing one.

3) A corporate client thinks they don't need any additional software licences while it is obvious that they are using more software program copies than they had purchased initially.

4) The management wants to introduce English as the language of internal corporate communication, most employees want to stick to their mother tongue which is not English.

5) The management wants to start team building training courses while the staff think they are already a good team and don't need any of those useless exercises.

6) Your supervisor decides that you can take care of a trainee so you are assigned a trainee whom you to supervise and coach as well as assess their performance. You also have to write a progress report and monitor all their activities. Unfortunately, she is often late and can't follow your instructions, you have the impression that she doesn't respect you and is not interested in the assignments you give her. Your supervisor notices that your trainee isnot making much progress and that your own performance has worsened too. Mike (your supervisor) wants to talk to you about that, you want to speak to your trainee (Sarah) first.

7) The marketing department wants to create slogans in different languages, they want you to translate the corporate slogan from English into the local languages of your company's subsidiaries. You think this won't work because in your opinion marketing slogans can't be translated, they can only be created in every language separately.

TOEIC listening, question-response: Where do we keep the cups for the water cooler?

Negotiation situations #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 26, 2008 15:50 pm   Negotiation situations

you want this revised?
Eslkorea

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Negotiation situations #3 (permalink) Sat Jul 26, 2008 20:56 pm   Negotiation situations

Any feedback would be appreciated!
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Learn more: How to Become an English Teacher
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Negotiation situations #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 am   Negotiation situations

Why are this box and this topic so deserted? I want to involve these discussion but I don't understand what its purposes are. Could you please explain its purposes to me?
Tmh

Negotiation situations #5 (permalink) Wed Aug 06, 2008 17:03 pm   Negotiation situations

Hi THM,

Imagine Torsten's descriptions to be possible situations where negotiation skills are needed. You could, for example, think 'yeah, number 4. has just happened in our company - how can I adapt to the situation?'

The conventional way would be to attend a 'Business English' class and work with books that want to teach you vocabulary. You buy the course book, you attend classes, you do the homework and you look up the answers online.

Can you think of alternative ways to practice your negotiation skills? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Ralf
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Negotiation situations #6 (permalink) Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:30 am   Negotiation situations

I do not know what I have to do?
do I have to imagine a situation and write down the conversation?

I suggest that every member takes a certain role and then we make a conversation!
Sara Simo

Negotiation situations #7 (permalink) Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 am   Negotiation situations

could you please instruct us more clearly??
Le

What's your average speaking rate (WPM)?Callan teacher speaking like in the classroom?Is this true?Japan YouTube - Watch Japanese Video Clips - FunnyIs there any value in learning lists of words from vocabulary books?Writting skill reminder to everyone who are interested!Lack of emphasis on NPs in ESLPost 0-4 conditionalsESL teaching positions still available in ChinaLighten up with linguisticsComposition: Nature is the superpower of the world. Humanbeing is such a small...Molly's PlaygroundESL-based activities you wouldn't do in ESL classes