Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

wages; living; stronghold
retailer
pose
keep
coincidence
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is a fine? | Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?
listening exercisestell a friend
What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 am   What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #167 "Product Development (1)", question 6

Several best-practice companies have specific companywide awards for work "......... the call of duty".

(a) above and beyond
(b) inside and outside
(c) through and through
(d) up to and including

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #167 "Product Development (1)", answer 6

Several best-practice companies have specific companywide awards for work "above and beyond the call of duty".

Correct answer: (a) above and beyond

What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?
thanks.

What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am   What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

More work than required by the boss.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is a fine? | Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How can you possibly sprint up slowly?What "tying up" mean? tie up?What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'Why do we use marine mammals?Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What does OEMs stand for?deserved a trip to the woodshedWhat is uneconomic actions?What does "in place" mean here?