wages; living; stronghold
retailer
pose
keep
coincidence

What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

What is a fine? | Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?
What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 am   What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #167 "Product Development (1)", question 6

Several best-practice companies have specific companywide awards for work "......... the call of duty".

(a) above and beyond
(b) inside and outside
(c) through and through
(d) up to and including

ESL/EFL Test #167 "Product Development (1)", answer 6

Several best-practice companies have specific companywide awards for work "above and beyond the call of duty".

Correct answer: (a) above and beyond
_________________________

thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am   What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?

More work than required by the boss.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How can you possibly sprint up slowly?What "tying up" mean? tie up?What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'Why do we use marine mammals?Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What does OEMs stand for?deserved a trip to the woodshedWhat is uneconomic actions?What does "in place" mean here?