boss; person or company that hires people to do work
confirmation
discipline
employer
employment

'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'

How can you possibly sprint up slowly? | Why do we use marine mammals?
'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry' #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 17:55 pm   'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'

ESL/EFL Test #193 "Verb Tense Practice (10)", question 3

Christina ......... for her chemistry exam at the moment.

(a) study
(b) studies
(c) studied
(d) is studying

ESL/EFL Test #193 "Verb Tense Practice (10)", answer 3

Christina is studying for her chemistry exam at the moment.

Correct answer: (d) is studying

Christina studies for her chemistry exam at the moment.
_________________________

Hi, I can't understand why I can't use Sudies for this sentence. I thought boths verbs tense were meaning almost the same. Thank you

Mesias
Mesiass

'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry' #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 19:38 pm   'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'

Hello Mesiass,
No, they are not the same.
"Studies" is a present simple verb and is used for situations that take place on a regular basis, facts etc.
On the other hand, "is studying" is a present continuous verb.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Should not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...What "tying up" mean? tie up?What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'