dull and commonplace remark; banality; superficiality; commonplace
harbinger
onus
platitude
plebiscite

New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

People have different ways of escaping the stress of modern life. Some read, some | First impressions are often wrong
New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 am   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your idea.

When we first meet a person, we often judge one/A/ person based on his or her external appearance. We say that because that is just because we do not know much about that PERSON and one’s face can show us more about THEIR personality. As far as I am concerned, I believe that we should not evaluate someone just by his or her external appearance.

The appearance is deceptive. When you see beautiful girls or handsome boys, you may think that they are good, and THAT you do not need to take precautions when we are near them. But it only depends on your feeling, and there is no clue that they are good or bad.
For instance, there are many good looking boys now WHO go cheating around. They say that they sell things for charity organizations, and we believe that. But after reading REPORTS IN THE newspaper, I realize that is only a trick to sell A company’s products.

Most of us often draw a short conclusion on one’s character when we first get acquainted to THEM. As for me, external appearanceS does not reflect anything because it is only one small part of A human beings CHARACTER. Furthermore, we cannot choose our personal appearance, just only our thoughts and our behavior.

Last but not least, before judging anyone with ONLY BE THEIR external appearance, one should keep in mind that a wrong judgement and its implication can lead to real regrets later. When we judge someone just because of their external appearance, we COULD have A bad impression about THEM which leads to a VERY WRONG appreciation about their internal features. We need to spend a long time with them to understand clearly everything about them.

To sum up, I think everyone is equal, regardless of THEIR appearances. We should know all about their internal features and external appearance to MAKE a fair judgement.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
There you go Demon. Hope this helps you a little. Don't think that these are big mistakes, because they are not. A couple of days reading will automatically put all these small faults right.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (2)
Demon

New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:04 pm   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

Good morning Demon, Your work gets better and better. You have one or two very small mistakes here, but you are now beginning to think in English, and that is a good sign of your subconscious mind telling your conscious mind that it now has to deal with two languages. I'm proud of you.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 13:54 pm   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

Good morning Kitos.
It will be great if you can show me my small mistakes. I just want to know to avoid it next time.
Thanks a lot for your help, my friend.
Demon

New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #4 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 14:17 pm   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

_________________

New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #5 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 14:26 pm   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

Thanks for your correction Kitos.
I will read it again and make sure that it will be better next time. :)
Demon

New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o #6 (permalink) Sat Mar 27, 2010 15:02 pm   New topic: One should never judge a person by external appearance. Do you agree o

Hi Kitos,
I just notice this sentence
" Last but not least, before judging anyone with ONLY BE THEIR external appearance"

I think you mean ONLY BY THEIR. Is it right?
Demon

Prepare long time or short time 4 examsPlease help me correct this essay, The Cause and Effect of PovertyMy TOEFL® essay... First time to practise:pHas technology made the world a better place to live?A high-paying job vs. a low-paying jobEssay on "Why people attend colleges or universities"some people beleive that schools should primary teach student how to best competeTOEFL®-essay: Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. OtherSome people think say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable iEssay: Is intelligence determined by nature or by nurture?Any specific book for Toefl® vocabthanks in advance for Essay feedbackKindly give comments on this essay