provocation; insulting, jeering or bitter remark; mockery
exultation
luminary
prelude
taunt

Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

TOEFL® iBT Simulation Beta Test | Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should be e
Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 am   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

Topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

If someone asks me what I do mean by a teacher, I will reply that from anyone I learn something is my teacher. So according to me not only the persons who come to the school, college or university to teach us specific subjects are the teachers but also parents, friends and even a stranger on road can be my teacher if learn something from them. Now regarding whether parents are the best teachers, I will definitely support the statement.

Parents are the persons of our life who know us from the birth. Looking at our eyes they can easily say what our requirements are. As a result when they decide to teach us something they know the possible way. The way then they becomes an enjoyable learning procedure for us. On other hand, a teacher in school or college or even in university has his/her own way of teaching his/her students in his/her own style which may not be suitable for all of the students. As a result, for some of the students the study becomes a burden.

Some people may say that it will not be possible for parents from arts background to teach science to their offspring. But they certainly can seat by the side of their offspring and help him/her to study that subject in an interesting way.

One of the prime concerns of education is to make the students a proper human being. At home parents teach us ethics, they teach us how to be a good human being. If we study life of great people, we will found that some of them are illiterate, but they are the idol to others. Because they got the proper teaching from their parents to be a good human being at home.

In educational institutes, a teacher has to deal with lots of students. So, few of them may not get proper attention from the teachers. But parents are always concerned to their offspring. As a result their study progress is always under parent’s observation.

Again, some people may say that now day, parents are too busy in earning breads for their family. As a result they don’t have much time to look after their son/daughter. But I do believe that doesn’t matter how busy you are, you still find out time for at least get the information about how is going in our offspring’s life. And if you find something wrong, you will certainly find some time out for them and to teach them how the life should be led.

So, considering the facts I do believe that parents are the best teachers as they teach us to be the best human being.

Total word: 446

Please someone evaluate my essay. It is the second one I am posting here.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the student talking to the advisor?
Nipun027

Location: Bangladesh

Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 am   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

Good morning Nipun.

You are really churning the words out. Unfortunately quantity doesn't replace quality. You have captured the essentials of grammar but now you must learn how to present you work in a neat decisive form.
Concentrate on what you wish to say, and do your best to say it in a clear,concise manner.
Your essay is fine, but it needs you to write less and think more.

Kitos. 6.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 am   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

Thank you Kitos for your evaluation. It will be really helpful for me if you can suggest some changes that I need to make in this writing.

Thank you once again.
Nipun
Nipun027

Location: Bangladesh

Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 am   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

from anyone I learn
not only the persons
Parents are the persons of our life
make the students a proper human being
we will found that some
may say that now day
how the life should be led

These are the errors that you should be concentrating on.
_________________

Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:27 pm   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

Thank you very much for your opinion. I will work on this.

Best regards,
Nipun
Nipun027

Location: Bangladesh

Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree #6 (permalink) Tue Mar 30, 2010 23:29 pm   Parents are the best teacher, agree or disagree

Hi everyone,
I would like that someone check my essay about "parents are the best teachers"
Silvia

Human race is capable of learning new things from the time their born until their death. They constantly need to learn for evolve and improve their life or in some cases, get worse it. Human beings along their life live several situations, which allow them to increase their knowledge. In these situations, many people are involved such as parents, relatives, friends, coworkers and strange people who contribute of different ways and measures in their learning. All of these people teach them things like to eat, speak, love, or share. In my opinion, men and women have a lot of teachers through their life. Many of them are better than others. I cannot say whether parents are the best teachers, or are not, but I think parents play an essential role in the existence of individuals because parents who are more time together to their children in various stages of their life.

First of all, parents are people who spend the most time with their children from they are conceived until they are teens. Parents teach their children basic activities like eating, walking, speaking. Also, parents teach kids habits and routines like frequency of taking a shower or brushing teeth, what time getting up to go to school. In addition, they are responsible of instilling values such us respect, responsibility, honesty, faith, and so on. These activities, habits, routines and values mark people’s character. To illustrate this point, a child who grows inside a family whose faith is based on Christianity, probably he will be a Christian during the whole life because his/her parents taught to believe in this religion. Another example, 3 years old kid uses the same words and gestures that her/his parents to communicate which will use for the rest of their existence.

On the other hand, when the children begin to grow, they have more contact with other people like friends, teachers, relatives who also influence in their education. Nevertheless, parents are a fundamental support because they help to their children to take the most important decisions about life such as chooses a career. Although in this stage, people is more self reliant, and individuals take their decisions for themselves, they often ask opinions to their parents. For instance, parents teach their children about priorities in life like studying, working, getting married between other a lot of things.

Finally, when children become in parents, they always ask advices to their parents about like educate their own kids. In summary, parents are always present in the life of their children. It does not matter whether they are 1 year old, 20 years old or 50 years old. Parents are a huge support for their children. Sometimes parents teach good things or bad things, but they always do that by love.
Silviarocio13

Can borrowing money from a friend harm the friendship?after the correction of my essay.what is the score I deserve?Would you be so kind as to assess this essay?Toefl® essay: Playing games can help teaching us about lifeWhat discovery in last 100 years has been most beneficial for people?pieces of advice that you would give visitors to your country.Essay: Government as a parent or as a servant?Changes in TOEFL®-ibtpeople attend colleges or universitiesA question about TOEFL® Independent Speaking Task...TOEFL® essay sampleHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specificIf you could spend a year in any city on the world, which city would you choose