misprint; typo; printing error
anthology
allure
grimace
erratum

North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation.

TOEFLŪ Essay How do movies or TV affect people? | Do you agree that learning about the past has no value for us?
North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation. #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 31, 2010 21:00 pm   North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation.

Nowadays, automobiles have become a vital necessity of our lives. I agree with the statement that North americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation. Although, there are various means of transportation, but, in my opinion, Automobile is the best. And the reason is that use of automobile saves time, convenient and efficient. Below are the few points I have made to support my opinion.

First of all, use of automobile saves lot of time. In today's busy world, where everyone seems to be in hurry, time is an important factor and every second is countable. Using automobile, we can travel a long distance in short span of time. If we have to go from one place to another, we would prefer to use our car or some other vehicle to go to that place. This is because, going by car would save our time that we can utilize in some other activity.

Secondly, in this technological era, all of us have become very lethargic. To perform a certain task, we always choose the way which we find is more convenient for us. And as the time passes, convenience leads to dependency.
For example, if I have to go nearby, I would like to go by my car rather than going by foot. So, in this scenario, regular use of automobile has turned into dependency.

Finally, Automobile is also an economical means of transportation. It saves not only time but also money . Suppose, if some friends have to go for a trip then they can pool a car which can save them a lot of money.

To sum up, given all the above statements, we can say that use of automobile is very convenient and efficient. It has really made our lives simple.

TOEFL listening discussions: Where does this conversation most likely take place?
Sonav

North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation. #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 02, 2010 16:59 pm   North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation.

Good morning Kitos,

Please evaluate the above essay.

Regards
Sonav
Sonav

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation. #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 02, 2010 17:15 pm   North Americans have become too dependent on the automobile for transportation.

This is a decent enough essay Sonav. You demonstrate good use of your vocabulary, but appear at times to ignore the use of prepositions. You need to check their use on the Home page.

_________________

Has human harmed the earth or made it a better place?This is my first essay, could you edit?Essay: Traditional houses vs. Modern apartment buildings!In some classes, course grades based solely on exams, while in other classes, graDoes ETS send scores immediately?Has TV destroyed communication?Some people prefer to eat at restaurants other people prefer to eat at home.some people believe that zoos serve useful function. Other believe that it is cruEssay - The Effect of Global Wormingplease are there any native english man or women can speak with mestudying alone and studying with orthersHow does advertising influence people's behavior?What matters Luck or Hard work?