to contrive false evidence against; to set up; to construct; to build; to fashion; to formulate
fine
dominate
deal
frame

East or West, home is best

Common errors in grammar | "I do not very always talk to my father." What's that?!
East or West, home is best #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 am   East or West, home is best

Is there any proverb that is the same as East or West, home is best? Thank you.
_________________
Let my English be checked!
Wanderer

Location: Where wanderers and vagabonds usually live

East or West, home is best #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 am   East or West, home is best

ESL students all seem to know, "East or west, home is best," but I have never heard a native English speaker say that proverb in real life.

What people normally say is, "There's no place like home," or the longer version, "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
East or West, home is best #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am   East or West, home is best

Thank you
_________________
Let my English be checked!
Wanderer

East or West, home is best #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 17:23 pm   East or West, home is best

I'm thinking about creating an exclusive slogan on our class's uniform. I want it to imply unity.
_________________
Let my English be checked!
Wanderer

East or West, home is best #5 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 17:35 pm   East or West, home is best

With friends one is fine, but at home it's divine
_________________
Slow but sure.
Geo777

Location: Finland; skype -teokly

East or West, home is best #6 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 18:21 pm   East or West, home is best

Thank you but what does it exactly mean? What do one and it imply?
_________________
Let my English be checked!
Wanderer

would + verb infinitivePlease correct these sentences - To sound more naturalMake-ups or making up?A grammar question on "It was not until..."from vs byPlease choose the correct answerWhy to go or why go?what does 'cross on a screen' mean?a major ____ for our societythe increasing volume of _______?What do you call ( clapping the hands together )?Family relations/ Heeeelllllp ESl_ExpertSyntax question (regarding the use of "of/for which")