sorrowful; mournful; painful
antithetical
aesthetic
dolorous
depraved

The most important influence on young adults

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspape | Some people believe that earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Other
The most important influence on young adults #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 15:30 pm   The most important influence on young adults

Please check for my essay. Thank you.

Topic 114: Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your answer.

Everything in the world has influence on us whether it is big or small, included friends and family. From my point of view, I think that friends can be the greatest influence on young adults because they are from the same generation and can be more sympathetic with you whenever you have a problem.

Young adults who come from the same generation can share the same thoughts and feelings toward life and have many interests and hobbies in common. Even when they live together, for example on campus or dormitory, they can imitate the others’ lifestyle if it is strange, interesting and fashionable. In contrast, their parents come from another generation. They are old and mature so that they have different thoughts about life, especially about the new issues or things like technology. It is obvious that all young adults find the Internet and applications belonging to the new technology exciting and attractive while their parents may think they are time-consuming and inconvenient because sometimes they have problems in operating these things.

Furthermore, it is more likely that when a youngster has a problem, sad stories or unpleasant things, they often gather with their friends to receive sympathy and advice. It seems that everyone is more open to their friends, especially about sensitive things which young adults often have like love breaking because they find reliability and similarity among their friends. Parents have a lot of experience but as the life is always changing, these values may be changed as well though just a little. In addition, if what you tell your parents is something caused by your wrongfulness and thoughtlessness and you need advice to fix it, some parents often scold their son or daughters vehemently and even remind them of other stupid things they have done to show their angriness. It is easily understandable that you will choose a friend to go to in this situation.

In conclusion, I think that friends who are more close to us when we have to live independently in society have more things in common to share and to learn. Therefore, we are affected more by our friends.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social studies class
Love_English0405

The most important influence on young adults #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 19:12 pm   The most important influence on young adults

Please check for my essay. Thank you.

Everything in the world has AN influence on us whether it is big or small, includING friends and family. From my point of view, I think that friends can be the greatest influence on young adults because they are from the same generation, and can be more sympathetic with you whenever you have a problem.

Young adults who come from the same generation can share the same thoughts and feelings toward life, and have many interests and hobbies in common. Even when they live together, for example on campus or dormitory, they can imitate the others’ lifestyle if it is strange, interesting and fashionable. In contrast, their parents come from another generation. They are old and mature so that they have different thoughts about life, especially about the new issues or things like technology. It is obvious that all young adults find the Internet and applications belonging to the new technology exciting and attractive, while their parents may think they are time-consuming and inconvenient because sometimes they have problems in operating these things.

Furthermore, it is more likely that when a youngster has a problem, sad stories or unpleasant things, they often gather with their friends to receive sympathy and advice. It seems that everyone is more open to their friends, especially about sensitive things which young adults often have, like (love breaking;;???) because they find reliability and similarity among their friends. Parents have a lot of experience but as the life is always changing, these values may be changING as well, though just a little.
In addition, if what you tell your parents is something caused by your wrongfulness and thoughtlessness and you need advice to fix it, some parents often scold their son or daughters vehemently, and even remind them of other stupid things they have done to show their angriness. It is easily understandable that you will choose a friend to go to in this situation.

......................................................................................................................
Excellent LE. Plenty of examples, and good use made of vocabulary.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The most important influence on young adults #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 03, 2010 19:12 pm   The most important influence on young adults

Please check for my essay. Thank you.

_________________

The most important influence on young adults #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:31 am   The most important influence on young adults

Thank you, Kitos.
About "love breaking;;???", I want to mention a situation that when a relationship between 2 lovers is broken and both feel sad but I don't know which word to use. Can you give me a suggestion?
Love_English0405

The most important influence on young adults #5 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 am   The most important influence on young adults

They had "broken-up."
They had "split-up."
They had "grown-apart."
_________________

The most important influence on young adults #6 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 am   The most important influence on young adults

Love_English0405

I want some help, pleaseSome people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do noThe Idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashSome students like classes where teachers lecture in class. Other students preferEssay: Courses must be graded based On (Exams or class Participations)Sports for young children:good or bad?Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do noDo you like change?How does advertising influence people's behaviourShould government spend money exploring outer space?Please check my speaking respondDo you agree or disagree with the following statment? It is better for universitywhy go to university?