to examine closely; to study; to investigate; to inspect
garnish
scrutinize
abrogate
nettle

A new high school may be built in your community

Doing same things vs. trying new things | Nowadays, Food has become easier to prepare.Has this improved the way, people liv
A new high school may be built in your community #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 06, 2010 22:18 pm   A new high school may be built in your community

It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your community. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details in your answer.

As far as I am concerned, the development of a brand new high school in my district has its pros and cons. The basis of my statement will be explained as follows.

In the first place, although there are many educational institutions in my community, there are not enough. Therefore, were a new high school to be built in my neighborhood, teenagers would not have to travel far away to attend school. What is more, youngsters from close neighborhoods would be able to come too.

This would mean that air pollution would increase, since there would be a boost in vehicle flow and overcrowded streets.

In addition, noise pollution would increase, since teenagers are well-known for their strident voices and festive moods.

In the second place, the more educational offer would be available, the less school fees would be paid. Hence, students with less means of support would be able to continue their formal education.

This would imply that delinquency rates would fall down, as youngsters would be nurturing their minds at high school. And, after finishing their studies, they would be able to find better job opportunities.

In the last place, the increase in the population of students would enhance the economy of the area. There would be further businesses related to the educational field, such as bookstores, stationery stores, and the like. There would also be further businesses linked to other youth’s needs, namely: cyber-cafes, sporting centers, fast-food take-away restaurants, and so forth.

To sum up, if a new high school were to be built in my community, I would definitely support the proposal, because the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages. The economy of the district would improve; the crime rates would drop; young students with lower resources would be able to keep on studying; and, youngsters from neighborhoods nearby would be able to attend school too.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which fact is true of Edward O. Wilson?
Milily

A new high school may be built in your community #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:28 am   A new high school may be built in your community

In the first place, although there are many educational institutions in my community, there are STILL not enough. Therefore, were a new high school to be built in my neighborhood, teenagers would not have to travel SO far away to attend school. What is more, youngsters from close neighborhoods would be able to ATTEND too.

In the second place, the more educational OPPORTUNITIES would be MADE available AND the less school fees would NEED TO be paid. Hence, students with less means of support would be able to continue their formal education.

FINALLY, the increase in the population of students would enhance the economy of the area. There would be further businesses related to the educational field, such as book-stores, stationery stores, and the like. There would also be further businesses linked to other youth’s needs, namely: cyber-cafes, sportS centers, fast-food take-away restaurants, and so forth.

To sum up, if a new high school were to be built in my community, I would definitely support the proposal, because the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages. The economy of the district would improve; the crime rates would drop; young students with lower resources would be able to CONTINUE WITH THEIR STUDIES, and youngsters from neighborhoods nearby would be able to attend school too.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Mil. This was a very well prepared essay. Your use of vocabulary is very impressive.You go from strength to strength.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
A new high school may be built in your community #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 22:16 pm   A new high school may be built in your community

Thanks, Kitos.
Milily

What are the ways of escaping stress...In some countries, people are no loShould creationism be taught in public schools?I have question regarding reading comprehension of TOEFL®.Would you prefer to marry an unknown person or to a person whom you know.Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn.Some people engage with one task at a time others prefer with two or more. WhichPlaying games are as important for adults as they are for children.every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generationTOEFL® topic: Which would you choose to buy (a house or a business)?Choose one of following transportation: Automobiles, Bicycles, AirplanesStudents of outstanding merit.Does the past have any value?