to estrange; to isolate; to requisition; to confiscate
entreat
temporize
forbear
alienate

Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children.

Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. | Doing same things vs. trying new things
Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children. #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 16:47 pm   Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adults as they are for children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Admittedly, games are of the utmost importance for the development of children. However, truth be told, it is also of vitally significance for the progress of adults. Therefore, games are equally important for adults and children. As far as games for adults are concerned, adults’ performance can be affected by games mentally, physically and emotionally.

Firstly, some researches have stated that if grown-up people exercise their minds by playing games, their brain cells will continue growing. Not only can they enhance their analytical skills, but also they can dramatically improve their memory. That is why, nowadays, in more and more companies, workers are allowed to develop their mental abilities while taking a break at work. For instance: a man has fun with sudoku, while his co-worker amuses himself with a magic cubic. Even their boss entertaines himself with cross-words.

Secondly, adults can toughen, tone up and soften their bodies with sports and outdoor games. Not only can they improve their health, but also they develop cooperation and competitiveness skills. For example: after a hectic work-day, both employees challenge other colleagues to a basquetball or soccer game. Meanwhile, their bosses gather together to play golf or tennis.

Lastly, adults can relax themselves after a troublesome work-day. Enjoying games is their manner to release stress and forget problems of the real world. To exemplify, playing virtual games let adults become heroes or winners in a non-threatening world.

What is more, games are the simplest and the most entertaining form to bond people. Adults can connect with their beloved ones. Even they can bridge the gap with children. As an example, a grandfather and his grandson enjoy a chess match, whereas a mother with her daughter have a pleasurable moment playing guess games.

In nutshell, playing games are as important for adults as they are for children. In that, it sharpens their minds, strengthens their bodies, raises their self-confidence, increases their team-work abilities, improves their connections with their family and friends, and, provides a pleasant relax.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of American History
Milily

Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children. #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 16:59 pm   Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children.

Admittedly, games are of the utmost importance for the development of children. However, truth be told, it is also of vital significance for the progress of adults. Therefore, games are equally important for adults and children. As far as games for adults are concerned, adults’ performance can be affected by games mentally, physically and emotionally.

Firstly, some researches have stated that if grown-up people exercise their minds by playing games, their brain cells will continue growing. Not only can they enhance their analytical skills, but they can ALSO dramatically improve their memorIES. That is why, nowadays, in more and more companies, workers are allowed to develop their mental abilities while taking a break at work. For instance: a man has fun with Sudoku, while his co-worker amuses himself with a RUBIC cubE. Even their boss entertains himself with crossword PUZZLES.

Secondly, adults can toughen, tone up and soften their bodies with sports and outdoor games. Not only can they improve their health, but also they develop cooperation and competitiveness skills. For example: after a hectic work-day, both employees challenge other colleagues to a basKEtball or soccer game. Meanwhile, their bosses gather together to play golf or tennis.

Lastly, adults can relax themselves after a troublesome work-day. Enjoying games is their manner OF releasING stress and forgetTING problems of the real world. To exemplify, playing virtual games letS adults become heroes or winners in a non-threatening world.

What is more, games are the simplest and the most entertaining form to bond people. Adults can connect with their beloved ones. THEY CAN EVEN bridge the GENERATION gap with THEIR children. As an example, a grandfather and his grandson enjoy a chess match, whereas a mother with her daughter CAN have a pleasurable moment playing guess games.

In A nutshell, playing games IS as important for adults as they are for children. In that, it sharpens their minds, strengthens their bodies, raises their self-confidence, increases their team-work abilities, improves their connections with their family and friends, and, provides a pleasant FORM OF relaxATION.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comprehensive as ever Mil.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children. #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 22:15 pm   Playing games are as important for adults as they are for children.

Thanks, Kitos.
Milily

What are the ways of escaping stress...In some countries, people are no loShould creationism be taught in public schools?I have question regarding reading comprehension of TOEFL®.Would you prefer to marry an unknown person or to a person whom you know.Some people engage with one task at a time others prefer with two or more. Whichevery generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generationTOEFL® topic: Which would you choose to buy (a house or a business)?Choose one of following transportation: Automobiles, Bicycles, AirplanesDoes the past have any value?Hi all, Taking TOEFL® on 10th April 2010Get up early in the morning and start a day's work or get up late in the day...Nowadays, Food has become easier to prepare.Has this improved the way, people liv