to comply with; to consent to; to agree with; to concur
vaunt
accede
countenance
disconcert

If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international

Differences between generations. | There are many types of television shows: comedies, news programs, dramas, realit
If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 13:20 pm   If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international

Hi Kitos,
This essay is not mine, and has been written by my girlfriend. She asked me to post it instead of her on the forum as she was incapable of doing that at the moment in hope of receiving some corrections. It will be a great help of you if you correct it and rate it for her. :-)

If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

What a chance if you were able to examine the fiction taste of fresh French meals? If I was asked to represent my home country-France-for a group of interested tourists, certainly I would advise them for going to Rue Mouffetard where a traditional qartier in a heavenly town, Paris is.

As to my first reason, walking in Rue Mouffetard- Muffetard Street- is equal with smelling whole of the world, you are able to see traditional restaurants and bars of many cultures such as Indian, Turkish, Chinese, Iranian, French and so many other regional restaurants that give you the chance of listening to various types of music, joy of watching traditional decoration and furniture, meeting other people ,enjoying rich folklore and having a memorial night and after all hanging out with friends in Paris, especially in qartier Latin. Also, you may spend the whole weekend’s nights in French bars and drink French wines and beers, especially Bourdu’s beer.

Furthermore, one of the most attractive things about my country is that surfing food in French way which includes cooking methods and various traditions for eating different food. In addition this qartier has lots of historical places that are keeping many cultural events alive within themselves yet, for example Surbon University.

All in all, seeing some historical places, eating some delicious foods in a calm and happy place, having cultural atmosphere and mostly important, having all of these things on a single night are all the things I want to have and want to show to a good friend.

P.S: Her country is not the same as mine! sighhhhhh, LOL.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center
_________________
Let's make a deal; I'll correct every single one of your grammatical mistakes AND YOU DO THE SAME FAVOUR FOR ME.
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an internati #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 14:28 pm   If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an internati

What a chance if you were able to examine the fictionAL taste of fresh French meals? If I was asked to represent my home country-France-TO a group of interested tourists(.) certainly I would advise them TO PAY A VISIT to Rue Mouffetard(,) where THEY WOULD FIND a traditional QUARTER in a heavenly CITY, Paris .

As to my first reason, walking in Rue Mouffetard- Muffetard Street- is equal TO smelling THE whole of the world(.) You are able to see traditional restaurants and bars of many cultures such as Indian, Turkish, Chinese, Iranian, French(,) and so many other regional restaurants that give you the chance of listening to various types of music, THE joy of SEEING traditional decoration and furniture, meeting other people, enjoying rich folklore and having a memorial night(.) After all THAT hanging out with friends in Paris, especially in THE Latin QUARTER.
Also, you may spend the whole weekend’s nights in French bars drinkING French wines and beers, especially Bourdu’s beer.

Furthermore, one of the most attractive things about my country is SERVING food in THE French way(,) which includes cooking methods and various traditions for eating different food. In addition this QUARTER has lots of historical places that are keeping many cultural events alive within themselves EVEN TODAY, for example Surbon University.

All in all, seeing some historical places, eating some delicious foods in a calm and happy place, having cultural atmosphere and most importantly, having all of these things IN a single night are all the things I want to have(,) and want to show to a good friend.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad at all, but I think she completely missed the whole theme of the topic.
What one thing would you SEND........................

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 14:34 pm   If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international

I agree, it's her first attempt. Thank you my friend for the corrections. Really appreciate it. :-)

Mixmixi
_________________
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

One thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would...What are two sides of the death penalty?TOEFL® Minimum 80TOEFL® speaking tasksThe best teacherFiction vs non-fiction booksVegetarianism?Topic 29: Human activities and the EarthTopic 174: How young generation differs from their parents' generationWhat have you learnt about a country form watching its movies.the gap between the rich and poorFinancial education should be introduced as a compulsory subject in school.You have receaved a full scholarship to a good unoversity in your country. You