to variegate; to make different; to increase the product range of a company; to offer new products
apprehend
diversify
articulate
abash

Write a composition to describe a famous person

Zoo:is it good or bad? | Would you be so kind as to assess this essay?
Write a composition to describe a famous person #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:37 am   Write a composition to describe a famous person

Hi there, could you please have a look at this composition and check it out?

Topic: Write a composition to describe a famous person.

********************************************************************
Although not very popular with the crowds, one of the most famous person in the world of Computer Science is Richard Stallman. Not definitely attractive or charming, he is a tall and rather overweight man in his mid fifties. He has got a round face and brown long hair which he wears loose and plays around with while talking. He is always dressed casually with a large T-shirt; I have never seen him dressed in an elegant suit.

I first heard about him seven or eight years ago while I was searching the Internet for the history of the Linux operating system, the most well-known of the free operating systems out there. Even if he is not the author of Linux, it is thanks to his work and passion that Linux could come to exist. He is the founder of the Free Software Foundation, a no-profit organization which promotes the use and spread of free software. Most importantly, he is the inventor of the GPL license that allows free software to exist from a legal point of view.

He is a rather shy and reserved person but when it comes to his beliefs he becomes very confident. He has strong views about software and sometimes gets carried away in public talks and tends to become aggressive when defending his ideas. As computers become more and more predominant in our lives, he believes that software should be free to use and study for everyone. “Free as in free speech, not free beer”, he stresses. This is the reason why his foundation started the GNU project in the mid seventies. GNU is a free and complete alternative to Windows. Linux is just a piece of the GNU operating system that was developed in the early nineties by a Finnish student. Nowadays GNU, in conjunction with Linux, has become one of the most advanced operating systems and powers a great deal of the Internet servers and scientific super-computers.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the main difference between a fad and a trend?
Scorpio2002

Write a composition to describe a famous person #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am   Write a composition to describe a famous person

Although not very popular with the crowds, one of the most famous PERSONALITIES in the world of Computer Science is Richard Stallman. Definitely NOT attractive or charming, he is a tall and rather overweight man in his mid fifties. He has got a round face and long brownMhair which he wears loose(,) and plays around with while talking. He is always dressed casually with a large T-shirt(.) I have never seen him dressed in an elegant suit.

I first heard about him seven or eight years ago while I was searching the Internet for the history of the Linux operating system, the most well-known of the free operating systems out there. Even if he is not the author of Linux, BUT it is thanks to his work and passion that Linux CAME INTO existENCE. He is the founder of the Free Software Foundation, a no-profit organization which promotes the use and spread of free software. Most importantly, he is the inventor of the GPL license that allows free software to exist from a legal point of view.

He is a rather shy and reserved person(,) but when it comes to his beliefs he becomes very confident. He has strong views about software and sometimes gets carried away in public talks(,) and tends to become aggressive when defending his ideas. As computers become more and more predominant in our lives, he believes that software should be free to use and study for everyone. “Free as in free speech, not free beer”, he stresses. This is the reason why his foundation started the GNU project in the mid seventies. GNU is a free and complete alternative to Windows. Linux is just a piece of the GNU operating system that was developed in the early nineties by a Finnish student. Nowadays GNU, in conjunction with Linux, has become one of the most advanced operating systems(,) and powers a great deal of the Internet servers and scientific super-computers.
An interesting and informative piece of work Scorpio. Thanks.
You are sadly lacking in punctuation.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
avoiding personal pronounsSome people think that children should begin their...Watching television .Saving or spending moneyPlease grade my essaystudying your native language. independentStudents at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose tecotourims. IntegratedMandatory or optional class attendanceLeave land in its natural condition or develop for industry and housing?essay: study the humanitiesessay:Will the internet bring people closer together?Top qualities of a good co-worker.