in abundance; fertile; highly productive
teeming
bucolic
cadaverous
sagacious

Airplanes has changed people's lives

Topic 71: A high-paying job vs a lower-paying job | Reasons for attending college or university
Airplanes has changed people's lives #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 15, 2010 22:38 pm   Airplanes has changed people's lives

Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people’s lives. • automobiles • bicycles • airplanes Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

If it were not for the invention of the Wright brothers, we would not have been able to fly like birds in the sky. Airplanes are certainly unique flying machines that have conquered the skies. As a result, they have changed people’s lives in many ways.

To begin with, before airplaines were invented, people used to travel by ship to reach far off places located across the oceans and seas. Ships are slower means of transportation, because it takes many days to complete a journey. With the advent of aeroplanes, trips are become faster and more comfortable. Airplanes save further time, because you can be in one location and appear at your destination in a couple of hours. It is really pleasant to fly on plane, as you are assisted by flight-stewards during the whole journey.

On top of that, some studies have shown that airplanes are further safer than automobiles. There is one accident for every 1.4 million flights. Certainly, it is less probable to have a fly accident than a car accident. So, you do not have to worry about traffic lights and signs when you take a flight.

What is more, people have a whale of a time by experiencing what it is to fly like birds. It is like a dream that comes true. You feel powerful and wonderful by attaining such heights in the skies. Everything looks much tinier from above. You can delight yourself by flying above clouds. It is just like reaching heaven.

In addition, traveling by airplane provides you with a sense of proximity. You can visit exotic tourist spots, attend business meetings or familiar reunions in other locations, whenever there is an available airport. Moreover, goods from one area can be shipped to other regions much easier and quicker. For instance, although flowers have little life spans, Holland is a great exporter of tulips.

All in all, admittedly, an airplane is such an outstanding innovation, which has dramatically changed the way in which people and goods travel longer distances. It leads to flourishing economic and social developments.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Physics
Milily

Airplanes has changed people's lives #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:09 am   Airplanes has changed people's lives

If it were not for the invention of the Wright brothers, we would not have been able to fly like birds in the sky. AirOplanes are certainly unique flying machines that have conquered the skies. As a result, they have changed people’s lives in many ways.

To begin with, before airOplanes were invented, people used to travel by ship to reach far-off places located across the oceans and seas. Ships are A slower means of transportation, because it takes many days to complete a journey. With the advent of aeroplanes, trips are become faster and more comfortable. AirOplanes save further time, because you can be in one location and appear at your destination in a couple of hours. It is really pleasant to fly on A plane, as you are assisted by flight-stewards during the whole journey.

On top of that, some studies have shown that airOplanes are FAR safer than automobiles. There is one accident for every 1.4 million flights. Certainly, it is less probable to have a flyING accident than a car accident. So, you do not have to worry about traffic lights and signs when you take a flight.

In addition, traveling by airOplane provides you with a sense of proximity. You can visit exotic tourist spots, attend business meetings or familiar reunions in other locations, whenever there is an available airport. Moreover, goods from one area can be shipped to other regions much easier and quicker. For instance, although flowers have SHORT life spans, Holland is a great exporter of tulips.

All in all, admittedly, an airOplane is such an outstanding innovation, which has dramatically changed the wayS in which people and goods travel longer distances. It leads to flourishing economicAL and social developments.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Mil. Too many aeroplanes. :-)

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Airplanes has changed people's lives #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 14:00 pm   Airplanes has changed people's lives

Many thanks, Kitos.

OK, for your sake, I'll use AEROplane instead of AIRplane.

Which other words can I use, apart from plane and aeroplane? Maybe aircraft, but, what else?
Milily

Airplanes has changed people's lives #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 15:39 pm   Airplanes has changed people's lives

LOL Mil. Once you have established you are referring to air travel, then there should be little need to refer to it again. The subject is already known to the reader
_________________

Airplanes has changed people's lives #5 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 15:51 pm   Airplanes has changed people's lives

Understood. :D
Milily

A restaurant reviewPeople have different ways of escaping the stress of modern life. Some read, someThe Condor (my first TOEFL® essay)Germany vs GreeceA message to all students.When students move to a new school.Who is the most important person in my life?staying or movingTelevision rewrite"Never, never give up"Peoples' reason to workJob security for lifeJewelry vs concert ticket