act of forgiving; discharging; dispatching
remit
skirting
offender
switchboard

'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable

during the weekdays vs during the week | bailout meaning
'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am   'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable

One friend told the difference is as follows,
Something is 'unexplainable' means that it cannot be explained. That does not necessarily mean that it does not have an explanation - we just don't know what the explanation is.

'Inexplicable' means that it does not have an explanation at all.
Another person told both mean the same.
Please explain.
Sajumon

'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:49 am   'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable

'Unexplainable' refers to something that literally can't be explained and this could be in the area of human behaviour or in the natural world where science can't give an answer.

'Inexplicable' has a more figurative sense and refers to something that's so difficult to accept or credit that you find it difficult to understand. This could describe the unusual act someone has committed that is totally different from the way that they usually behave.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 am   'Inexplicable' and 'Unexplainable

Thanks, Alan
Sajumon

There is only you and meWhat is that sentence mean?She has improved her English...halfway doneThe MEISTERTRUNK"at bay" means "at a distance" here"that does do it"Kindly enlighten me."will" vs "Be going to"Why dont we add on in between any and monday? why do we skip it?what is the meaning?etc vs and so onThere are/is no apples? Which one is correct?