mentally distressed; distracted; crazed; bewildered; hysterical
impregnable
distraught
histrionic
ingenuous

Opportunity to study a subject

Four seasons. | Automobile: has improved life/ has caused problems
Opportunity to study a subject #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:18 pm   Opportunity to study a subject

If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

If I get a chance to study a subject that I have never had the opportunity to study, I will choose Marine Biology.
Firstly wonderful life of sea world inspires me. Standing at the shore where the waves efface the golden sand and rocks one can feel a surge to explore an entirely different world residing beneath the surface of sparkling crystal blue-green sea or ocean. It is filled with myriad treasures. From friendly dolphins to four eyed- butterfly fishes, vivid parrot fishes to glass sponges, flying fishes to brittle stars, the list is endless.
Secondly it makes one realize the power and bounties, nature has bestowed upon the man kind. It is for all to explore, cherish, appreciate, love and be thankful about, no matter to what race; community or place a person belongs too. It gives one pleasure and sense of freedom. It also helps people to realize that materialistic life doesn’t provide inner peace like natural beauty does.
Thirdly I like exploring and learning about new things. Witnessing underwater volcano with erupting magma, watching colorful Carol reefs enriched with extraordinary marine life and swimming with dolphin are on my bucket list. If I get a chance to study this subject then may be my wishes would come true.
Lastly it is an interesting subject. I get to learn about the aquatic communities, the current dangers faced by human exploitation of waters, extinction of under water life by excess fishing, conservation of species and many different prospects related to Marine Biology.
In conclusion I personally think Marine Biology is one such subject which provokes my interest to explore and learn further about this world.

Please kindly grade my essay. Thank you.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on the history of the English language
_________________
Just a confused kid... trying to live through twists & turns of life!
------
Everything Is Temporary!
Katty2010

Location: GaintPeach

Opportunity to study a subject #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 18, 2010 13:05 pm   Opportunity to study a subject

Firstly THE wonderful life of THE sea world inspires me. Standing ON the shore where the waves efface the golden sand and rocks(,) one can feel aN URGE to explore an entirely different world residing beneath the surface of sparkling crystal blue-green sea or ocean. It is filled with A myriad OF treasures. From friendly dolphins to four eyed- butterfly fishes, vivid parrot fishes to glass sponges, flying fishes to brittle stars, the list is endless.

Secondly it makes one realize the power and bounties nature has bestowed upon the (mankind). It is for all to explore, cherish, appreciate, love and be thankful about, no matter to what race; community or place a person belongs too. It gives one pleasure and sense of freedom. It also helps people to realize that materialistic life does NOT provide inner peace like natural beauty does.

Thirdly I like exploring and learning about new things. Witnessing AN underwater volcano with erupting magma, watching colorful CORAL reefs enriched with extraordinary marine life and swimming with dolphinS are on my bucket list. If I get a chance to study this subject then maybe my wishes would come true.

Lastly it is an interesting subject. I WOULD get to learn about the aquatic communities, the current dangers faced by human exploitation of waters, extinction of under water life by excess fishing, conservation of species and many different prospects related to Marine Biology.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nice work Katty. Surely worth a 9/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Parents are the best teachers. Do you agree or disagree?grammar doubtDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? I think there is too muchWatching TVPositive discriminationSome people prefer to take a position in a company and work for the company. Otheessay: well-paid job vs job you enjoyMy speaking section practiceagree or disagree: Parents are the best teachers.A person you know is planning to move to your town or city.essay: people attend college/university for many reasonsSmoking banGrading: In some classes, course grades are based solely on exams, while in other