to banish; to exile; to withdraw from one's country; to expel
gibe
expatriate
prevaricate
articulate

self-study vs group study

Why people work? | Progress is always good?
self-study vs group study #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 am   self-study vs group study

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Studying involves reading the content of a book and thorough understanding of the topic, which is linked to good concentration and involvement. Whether individual or group learning, it depends on the student’s character and availability. When it comes to myself, I would prefer self-study, due to the following reasons.

As far as self-study is concerned, you can choose whenever and wherever to learn the deemed mandatory textbooks, because you do not need to arrange a time and a place to study with your classmates. If you are usually running out of time with your many responsibilities, such as helping with household chores and attending other extracurricular subjects, you should put the focus on yourself, by studying at your own pace. On the contrary, were you to have a study-reunion, some study-friends might probably arrive very late or you did not find a suitable study spot for gathering many study-buddies.

Additionally, if you study alone, you will read the entire textbooks, and then highlight what, under your consideration, is the most relevant information. In contrast, if you rely on others’ summaries, you will probably miss the big picture. Everybody may have a different understanding of the same information, and they may outline it in diverse ways. For instance, you may be fond of examples to support your main ideas, while others may disregard them.

Finally, suppose you need a calm environment to center on your studies, but you are surrounded by classmates who have meaningless chit-chats, you not only will lose your concentration, but also you will only remember what they talked about. Or maybe you cannot stand some study-pals, because they are so lazy that they frequently count on your homework, or, they are so authoritarian that they want to impose their thoughts upon yours.

Summing up, I would prefer to study alone, rather than in a group, because I need a quiet environment in order to pay a better attention to my studies, and, I would like to save time to focus on my weaknesses in learning. Besides, I would rather have my own thoughts about a study topic.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of History (2)
Milily

self-study vs group study #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 am   self-study vs group study

Studying involves reading the content of a book and A thorough understanding of the topic, which is linked to good concentration and involvement. Whether individual or group learning, it depends on the student’s character and availability. When it comes to myself, I would prefer self-study, due to the following reasons.

As far as self-study is concerned, you can choose whenever and wherever to learn the deemed mandatory textbooks, because you do not need to arrange a time and a place to study with your classmates. If you are usually running out of time with your many responsibilities, such as helping with household chores and attending other extracurricular subjects, you should put the focus on yourself, by studying at your own pace. On the contrary, were you to have a study-reunion, some study-friends might probably arrive very late or you MAY not find a suitable study spot for gathering many study-buddies.

Additionally, if you study alone, you will read the entire textbooks, and then highlight what, IN your consideration, is the most relevant information. In contrast, if you rely on others’ summaries, you will probably miss the big picture. Everybody may have a different understanding of the same information, and they may outline it in diverse ways. For instance, you may be fond of examples to support your main ideas, while others may disregard them.

Finally, suppose you need a calm environment to center on your studies, but you are surrounded by classmates who have meaningless chit-chats, you WILL not only lose your concentration, but also you will only remember what they talked about. Or maybe you cannot stand some study-pals, because they are so lazy that they frequently count on your homework, or, they are so authoritarian that they want to impose their thoughts upon yours.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Much better Mil.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
self-study vs group study #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 20, 2010 18:19 pm   self-study vs group study

Thank you indeed, Kitos.
Milily

Topic 4: Art and MusicTopic 3: Muslim head scarvesReview my essayTeens have jobs when still are studentsWhat changes do you think this new century will bring?Goverment should spend money on solving problems on EarthPast has no valueYouth is wasted on the youngFastfood is good or notParents are the best teachers.The blind.Please, please, please really I am waiting for your assessment!Food has become easier to prepare. Has this changed or improved the way people...