denouncement; condemnation
avarice
denunciation
fracas
anthology

Toefl® essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people

TOMORROW. | Rich life and personal behavior
Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 23, 2010 18:16 pm   Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people

Topic: do you agree or disagree with the following statement that:
“We should pay attention to opinions of famous people”
Essay:
In our society, most of people always pay attention to actions of famous people. They often appear on the top pages of a lot of magazines or newspapers. However, I do not believe that we should pay attention to their opinions because listening advices from experts or people we know is better for us.
First of all, People can become famous by some reasons, but they might only excellent in their fields. A famous singer can understand very well about music, but why should she understand politics better than you do? The celebrities just are normal in out of their fields, and their opinions are individual ideals. There are many people who we really know having ideas about issue in society, it is better and easier for us if we discuss with people we know than spend time to listen opinions of people we never meet.
Secondly, listening opinions of well-known people about strange fields is very difficult. The opinions of economist is worth listening because they not only give their opinions, but they also provide to you basic knowledge about economic. We might not understand all their opinions, but we will know more about economic. Because they are experts, so they can explain their opinions by simple ways in order to every one can understand well.
In fact, when we admire a celebrity, we often pay attention to what they do, and sometimes we are affected by them. We might do the same what they do. For example, a famous singer, who you admire, supports for a candidate he likes and he encourages every body to votes for this candidate, and we votes for him without thinking carefully about what the candidate is. This is a dangerous thing to do.
In conclusion, we admire the celebrities because their achievements in their fields. However, we should not pay attention to their opinions, because we have opinions of experts, our friends, family and ourselves to examine. They are often important than other opinions of the famous people.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class
Tung Lam

Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 23, 2010 18:39 pm   Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people

Essay:
In our society, most of people always pay attention to THE actions of famous people. They often appear on the FRONT pages of a lot of magazines or newspapers. However, I do not believe that we should pay attention to their opinions, because listening TO advice from experts or people we know is better for us.

First of all, people can become famous FOR some reasons, but they might only BE excellent in their PARTICULAR field. A famous singer can understand very well about music, but why should she understand politics better than you do? The celebrities just are normal WHEN out of their fields, and their opinions are individual ideals. There are many people who we really know having ideas about issueS in society, AND it is better and easier for us if we discuss with people we know than spend time to listenTO THE opinions of people we never meet.

Secondly, listening TO THE opinions of well-known people about strange TOPICS is very difficult. The opinions of AN economist is worth listening because they not only give their opinions, but they also provide to you WITH basic knowledge about economicS. We might not understand all OF their opinions, but we will know more about economicS. Because t They are experts, so they can explain their opinions IN simple ways in order THAT (everyone) can understand well.
In fact, when we admire a celebrity, we often pay attention to what they do, and sometimes we are affected by them. We might do the same AS they do. For example, a famous singer who you admire, supports a candidate he likes and he encourages every body to vote for this candidate, and we vote for him without thinking carefully about what the candidate REPRESENTS. This is a dangerous thing to do.

In conclusion, we admire the celebrities because OF their achievements in their fields. However, we should not pay attention to their opinions, because we have opinions of experts, our friends, family and ourselves to examine. They are often important than other opinions of the famous people.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
An intelligent essay Tung Lam. I enjoyed reading it.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 am   Toefl essay: we should pay attention to opinions of famous people

thank you very much!
Tung Lam

In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places anBorrowing Money from friends damage friendshipThoughts about love...Borrowing Money from friends damage friendship:TOEFL® essay - Distance learning vs Classroom programTOEFL® essay - Expectation about marriage partnerIELTS Writing Task 1: describe a tablelearn from the books or from experience?Good Luck Tomorrow!Never, never give up...How is your generation different from your parents’ generation?The laws of nature.Serious movies vs entertaining films